ORDER form BUG: EU Customer cannot order if USA state not selected

druidstonedruidstone Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
edited March 17, 2015 in SmugMug Support
I received this message from a potential customer:

"Tried buying a pic from website but when I select Ireland, it wont let me proceed to shipping etc unless I select state but they are all usa ones and not Ireland so can't continue. Cheers"

Please resolve this so my customers can place orders. Please tell your website developers that the USA is not the only country in the world! They need to test your website for use by other countries before deployment!

I don't know how many orders I have lost due to this problem, this is the first customer who has taken the time to notify me.

This error did not exist when i first set my site up 2 years ago, I actually placed an order myself to test it. And my order was delivered quickly and safely to Ireland.

My site is: http://www.liamquigleyphotography.com

Your prompt help would be very much appreciated! If my customers cannot place orders, I will have no choice but to migrate to Zenfolio ASAP.

Comments

• phototristanphototristan Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2015
    Hi,

Thanks for writing.

Please ask them to set the country first and then the USA states should disappear. :)
    Tristan
    Suport Hero
    Smugmug
    http://help.smugmug.com/
  • druidstonedruidstone Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited March 17, 2015
    Thanks so much for the quick reply!
    However the USA states don't disappear when "Ireland" is selected as a country as you described.

However in testing I was able to choose Ireland as the country, then choose "Select a state" as the state (ie. no selection) and proceed with the order while the country "Ireland" was selected, "other province" I put "Co. Cork".

This isn't exactly user-friendly behaviour, if the country selection is required first, in order to disable the USA state validation, would you please ask your dev. team to either make the state list disappear as you described, or place the country list before the state list on the page, if that is the expected behaviour?

I am sure it would help customers a lot.
    Thanks again!