Options

SmugMug Publish plugin issue

crocknycrockny Registered Users Posts: 170 Major grins
edited March 13, 2015 in SmugMug Support
Sometimes I publish a photo and then see some glitch which I want to fix ... it's unclear how to republish the new version ... right clicking doesn't get me to "republish" just "mark as updated" ... and then I deleted the image on SmugMug itself and now I can't publish the new version at all ...

What do I do now? And what should I have done???

Comments

• Options
    pilotdavepilotdave Registered Users Posts: 785 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2015
    crockny wrote: »
    Sometimes I publish a photo and then see some glitch which I want to fix ... it's unclear how to republish the new version ... right clicking doesn't get me to "republish" just "mark as updated" ... and then I deleted the image on SmugMug itself and now I can't publish the new version at all ...

What do I do now? And what should I have done???

In Lightroom, when you edit a photo that's already been published, it automatically gets marked for republish. All you need to do is hit the publish button again. If you edit a photo but don't want the edited version to get published on smugmug, you'd right click and "mark as up-to-date." This falsely tells lightroom that the photo is up to date on smugmug and doesn't need to be republished. If you hit that by accident, just right click again and you should be able to choose "mark to republish." The publish button is only available when you have at least one photo marked for republish.

Dave
  • Options
    edited March 13, 2015
    I'm not getting the option to Mark to Republish - probably because I deleted the previously published photo from SmugMug ... so now it won't let me publish the new version ...
  • Options
    edited March 13, 2015
    I did a workaround by uploading to a different gallery and then moving to the correct one ... but your info was very helpful for the future - thanks!
  • Options
    Lille UlvenLille Ulven Registered Users Posts: 567 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2015
    crockny in case you did not try this last time - maybe it will help you next time: when you do changes to a gallery in Smugmug (that excludes unfortunately keyword, title or caption changes, but things like move a photo from one gallery to the next one or delete a photo from a gallery), you need to run the synchronization between Smugmug and Lightroom in the Lightroom pluging. You find it by using the context menu on top or your plugin and than it should be in "Edit Settings" -> Smugmug Settings -> Sync Now (after you crossed off what to sync that is - in the same block).
    https://www.lilleulven.smugmug.com - The Photos of my travels