Options

Simple RSS URL Options Reference

DjsdjsDjsdjs Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
I love the rich API support SmugMug is building and continuing to improve.

However, I am extremely frustrated that I cannot find a simple, RSS specific reference for what options can be used in a feed URL and what affect they *should* have.

*) Smugmug help does not seem to cover it and a search there does not reveal anything helpful but the most basics.
*) The search on these forums is not very smart - any search I've done related to RSS gives an unhelpfully large number of articles and some very old ones at that.
*) At the wiki, I cannot figure out what parts of the API apply to RSS (though I think I've figured out that RSS is merely a specific use of the overall API). The Wiki's "Everything you always wanted to know about feeds and more." section has nothing on feed url options.

I have found people referencing "ImageCount=" - yet I don't know if that is a maximum or minimum.

I am actually trying to do something very simple. If I post 50 images to smugmug and then reference the RSS feed in FrameChannel - I want it to show all 50 images, non-randomly.

Via a member on this forum, I have finally figured out where recent changes to FrameChannel hid their settings for maximum images - which was helpful.

However, now I don't know whether my current problem (not showing all photos) is:
*) My smugmug Feed URL settings
*) Caching at SmugMug or FrameChannel
*) FrameChannel limitations, settings, defaults

I don't expect SmugMug references to have a lot of FrameChannel specific information - but without a good reference for the feed URL, I can't tell how I *SHOULD* be configuring the feed so that I KNOW it's not the problem.

I have probably spend a sum total of 4 hours searching for this information over the last 3 months - it just doesn't seem like it should be this difficult.

If anyone could point me in the right direction I would be very grateful!

D.

Comments

• Options
    rhjfrhjf Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited May 11, 2009
    This is the reference which I always use when building SmugMug feeds. Have you not seen that before?