Navigation bar changes the gallery shown or pass down/copy/paste a navigation menu

Robin GroeneveltRobin Groenevelt Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited November 19, 2014 in SmugMug Customization
I shoot weddings and have folder for each wedding with galleries inside for each stage of the wedding (preparations, ceremony, reception, dinner). When a user views a gallery I'd like to have a navigation menu they can use to jump into one of the other categories, without having to go up one level through the breadcrumps, and without having to create 8 identical navigation menus each time. See the attached imaged for an example.

The best solution is to have a page with a navigation menu where clicking one of the menu items changes the gallery shown elsewhere on that page. That way the page stays in place and only the thumbnail images change.

Another possibility is to have a separate page / gallery for each category of images (preparations, ceremony, etc). This would mean having to replicate the navigation menu in each of these pages / galleries.

Is it possible to :
- Create a navigation menu and push that down into the galleries underneath it, or alternatively
- Copy a navigation menu and paste it in another gallery or
- Make a template navigation menu and use that for any desired gallery.

Using the site wide menu isn't an option I need that for my main site and every wedding client needs it's only menu.

Ideas anyone? My preference is for the first solution.

A

Comments

• AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,008 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2014
    Add the links in each gallery description to jump to the other galleries. I do this in each of these galleries.
    http://www.photosbyat.com/Birds/World-Bird-Sanctuary
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited November 19, 2014
    Is it possible to :
    - Create a navigation menu and push that down into the galleries underneath it, or alternatively
    - Copy a navigation menu and paste it in another gallery or
    - Make a template navigation menu and use that for any desired gallery.

Using the site wide menu isn't an option I need that for my main site and every wedding client needs it's only menu.

I wish we could offer a simple solution for you here but at this time there's no easy way. You'll have to either manually add in the second navigation menu to each sub-gallery, or have the client use the breadcrumb to go back to the folder, and then into the given gallery.

Being able to create templates or copy elements to other pages is one of the more requested features we've received. I agree that it's something we need to let you guys do.
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations