Custom Help Please!! - Collect emails using "Register to Pick Favorites"?, mailchimp?

spider-tspider-t Registered Users Posts: 443 Major grins
edited November 20, 2014 in SmugMug Customization
Hi,

So in my old event photo delivery solution, I had the ability to collect email addresses from people who visited my site before the photos were ready and wanted to be notified when the photos were uploaded.

I'd like to do that with smugmug events. I see there is a "Register to Pick Favorites: link. Can I change the text to say "Register to hear when photos are posted" and then retrieve those email addresses so I can contact them for that purpose?

Or, can I add a gallery-style thumbnail that will go to an html page that has a mailchimp signup page instead of a gallery?

This is the event that I want to do this for: http://tt1.us/nclr-photos

thanks!!
Trish

Comments

• spider-tspider-t Registered Users Posts: 443 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2014
    ok, so there are so many goofy workarounds i had to add to collect email addresses from this event, but i've pieced together a solution for now. i have added a gallery that is a custom gallery with html that provides a link to a mailchimp signup form. it's such a dorky workaround, but i guess it's what i have for now.

anyone know how i can make embedded forms work in the html blocks?

thanks,
    Trish
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,234 moderator
    edited May 22, 2014
    spider-t wrote: »
    anyone know how i can make embedded forms work in the html blocks?
    As far as I know you can't embed forms in an html block. The only forms currently supported in new smug are Wufoo forms. They can be placed on the page using a Services... Wufoo form content element.

--- Denise
  • melissachristinemelissachristine Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited November 20, 2014
    I have imbeded google forms many times. Works fine.

Would you be willing to share your work around? I'm in need of a solution. My old service handled it seamlessly too.
    pictures.melissalundie.com
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,234 moderator
    edited November 20, 2014
    I have imbeded google forms many times. Works fine.

Would you be willing to share your work around? I'm in need of a solution. My old service handled it seamlessly too.
    If you want to use a form other than a Wufoo form (which is included in the list of elements in the Services section) I believe you will need to link to it outside of your smug site. Perhaps you have a blog that supports forms on pages?

--- Denise