Options

Ludwig Theme Nav Bar Position

Coleman PhotographyColeman Photography Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
edited November 18, 2014 in SmugMug Customization
Hey Ya'll,

I'm trying to setup a new online print gallery. I'm just about finished with the structure but am having trouble with a few small customization details.

I would be very stoked if someone could help me with this. Below are the things I'm trying to fix.

1: Is there a way for me to move my Navigation bar down so that is is centered straight across from my Logo.

2: How can I change the font of the Navigation Bar? Also, when I make the text larger it puts some of the nav links on a second row. is there a way to lock it so it stays in one row with bigger text. Right now I have the text for the nav link set to XS so it will fit on one line.

3: Is there a way to add a Content block (Form) on my Contact page. Example: A form that clients will fill out to contact me.

Thanks again in advance for all the help.

Cody

http://ccolemanstudio.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    McKsauceMcKsauce Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited November 18, 2014
    Hi Cody!

When I review your site I can see that the three content blocks at the top of your page, the Logo, Nav Bar, and Social Icon's are each taking up 33% of the width. If you were to change the Social Icons's percentage to 10% it would better fit the space and give more room to your nav bar. To do this go to Customize->Customize site, select the 'Entire Site' element and then hover over the content block, select the 'Measuring Square' icon. From there you can change how much space the block can take up. The other two blocks will automatically adjust. To move the Nav bar down, use the same 'Measuring Square' icon on the Nav Bar, and add some pixels to the 'Top Margin' about 65 should do the trick.

Next, you can change the font for the nav bar by editing the active theme for the 'Entire Site'. Click the Theme tab, then on the 'Active Theme' from there you need to change the 'Body Font'. That will affect the nav bar. If you want to affect just the Nav bar and not the body of the rest of the site, custom CSS will be needed.

You can add a link to the Contact form by adding an HTML Content Block to the page and adding the following code: <div class="sm-footer-navitem-contact"><a href="#">Click here to contact me!</a></div>

If you have any other questions feel free to get in touch via the SmugMug help desk at help@smugmug.com or via chat, during chat hours :D

Have a wonderful holiday season!
    ----

SmugMug Support Hero -

----
  • Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,450 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2014
    1) I don't see your logo. You probably have it set private?

2) I'm using a smaller monitor, so I see two lines already. Nothing you can do about it other than re-designing your nav.
  • Options
    McKsauceMcKsauce Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited November 18, 2014
    Hi Cody,

Mike's right about the logo being inside a 'Private' gallery. If you view your site logged out you'll see it's not visible. You'll want to put that in an 'Unlisted' gallery.

Cheers!
    ----

SmugMug Support Hero -

----