Weekly Assignment #77: Workplace

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
edited May 16, 2008 in Assignments
This class idea is to come out with an image of your workplace that could be used as a front cover of a some specialty magazine. It can be specializing in architecture, lawns, gardenining, interior design, IT - the choice is really yours. Important thing is - it has to be your actual worplace, interior or exterior, and the shot should be cover-worthy.
You'll know you're a winner if you show the image to the landlord and s/he would like to use it as an ad:-)
As always with this type of assignment, nice smart fake title and content is required.
Fresh images only. One entry per person. More PS is allowed than usual.
Let's get your workplace covered!
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• BendrBendr Registered Users Posts: 665 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2008
    Sweet, Sounds fun, I think I can give this one a shot!
  • sanakasanaka Registered Users Posts: 108 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2008
    I can almost hear the planet-wide scurrying around of photographers frantically cleaning up their workspaces... eek7.gifhuheek7.gif

:D, Sanaka
    WooHooo! New dSLR!:barb : Canon XSi / 450D
    Kit lens for now: 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 IS
  • Bayer-Z28Bayer-Z28 Registered Users Posts: 392 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2008
    It doesn't say much, but here's the office/break room entrance.. I can't take pictures outside the shop, I'm military and I work out on the airfield... Stealth aircraft and all.... I COULD get a pic of the runway, but that would get the cops on me faster than It takes to get the pic. Air traffic control tower sees all..

A little bit of PSing.. Sorry for the blur, I'm a shakey person..

ENTER The CE Heavy Equipment/Airfield Maintenance shop!!

workcopyen9.jpg
    Auto enthusiast. I drive a 2000 Camaro Z28. LOADED w/ mods.

Camera: Nikon D80, 18-55 f3.5 stocker & 18-200 Nikon VR.... with a small collection of filters..

My Smugmug.. STILL Under construction.
    http://bayer-Z28.smugmug.com
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2008
    Bayer-Z28 wrote:
    It doesn't say much, but here's the office/break room entrance.. I can't take pictures outside the shop, I'm military and I work out on the airfield... Stealth aircraft and all.... I COULD get a pic of the runway, but that would get the cops on me faster than It takes to get the pic. Air traffic control tower sees all..

A little bit of PSing.. Sorry for the blur, I'm a shakey person..

ENTER The CE Heavy Equipment/Airfield Maintenance shop!!

Yeah, I understand "security"... Too bad you're so close to all this amazing material "stealth" and such and cannot produce anything that disclose it:-(

However, I would sill like to see a bettter picture. I do believe it's possible to produce a truly great one without jeopardizing our national security ;-)
  • Bayer-Z28Bayer-Z28 Registered Users Posts: 392 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2008
    ^Thanx for the help and tolerance, boss... I know most of my photography is mediocre at best.. But there's a LOT to learn hanging out with a bunch of Professional photographers.... mwink.gif I'll learn a LOT here, and I have already... Been here for about a year now.. I like these assignments, they make ya think.. thumb.gif Exercise that grey matter!!!

My job is a challenging place to photog... Nothing really interesting (to me), nothing that really tells a story... -I'm learning that too!! I've got a lot to learn on that aspect.. I'm a construction worker, so I'm all over the place... We'll see what I can come up with this week.. I don't like to bring my camera to work very much.. THis is a VERY DUSTY climate, desert of southern NM... So I don't want to ruin a $1700 camera setup... Add in the fact of construction work and all.. I'll try to 'sneak' a shot of the RW in the morning... The sunrises here turn the mountains a magnificent shade of purple, on top of the fire clouds in the morning!!! bowdown.gif

We'll see..
    Auto enthusiast. I drive a 2000 Camaro Z28. LOADED w/ mods.

Camera: Nikon D80, 18-55 f3.5 stocker & 18-200 Nikon VR.... with a small collection of filters..

My Smugmug.. STILL Under construction.
    http://bayer-Z28.smugmug.com
    edited May 12, 2008
    Bayer-Z28 wrote:
    ^Thanx for the help and tolerance, boss... I know most of my photography is mediocre at best.. But there's a LOT to learn hanging out with a bunch of Professional photographers.... mwink.gif I'll learn a LOT here, and I have already... Been here for about a year now.. I like these assignments, they make ya think.. thumb.gif Exercise that grey matter!!!

My job is a challenging place to photog... Nothing really interesting (to me), nothing that really tells a story... -I'm learning that too!! I've got a lot to learn on that aspect.. I'm a construction worker, so I'm all over the place... We'll see what I can come up with this week.. I don't like to bring my camera to work very much.. THis is a VERY DUSTY climate, desert of southern NM... So I don't want to ruin a $1700 camera setup... Add in the fact of construction work and all.. I'll try to 'sneak' a shot of the RW in the morning... The sunrises here turn the mountains a magnificent shade of purple, on top of the fire clouds in the morning!!! bowdown.gif

We'll see..

If Vandana's work is any indication, NM sunsets/sunrizes are to die for! thumb.gif But don't forget it's also about your workplace;-)mwink.gif
  • Grumpy_oneGrumpy_one Registered Users Posts: 242 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2008
    Dave Air
    Ok, here's my shot at this. This is/was an HDR experiment we tried in our work place, this is one of our 737 cockpit's. I'm not a graphic desighner by any means, but hey, it's all in fun right?

edit: I might have misunderstood the rules. "Title and content" and "magazine cover" will explain the added text.
    5D3, 7D, 50 1.4, 580EX, EFS 70-200L 2.8 IS MkI, 1.4x TC, 24-70 MKII, 85 1.8,(that's it ...for now)
    http://www.happyvalleyphotography.com
    edited May 12, 2008
    Grumpy_one wrote:
    Ok, here's my shot at this. This is/was an HDR experiment we tried in our work place, this is one of our 737 cockpit's. I'm not a graphic desighner by any means, but hey, it's all in fun right?

edit: I might have misunderstood the rules. "Title and content" and "magazine cover" will explain the added text.
    Thank you! thumb.gif
    So let me guess: you're 737 pilot? Cool! thumb.gifbowdown.gif
  • Grumpy_oneGrumpy_one Registered Users Posts: 242 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2008
    Nikolai wrote:
    Thank you! thumb.gif
    So let me guess: you're 737 pilot? Cool! thumb.gifbowdown.gif
    aahhh....no I fix 'em when the pilots break em' rolleyes1.gif
    5D3, 7D, 50 1.4, 580EX, EFS 70-200L 2.8 IS MkI, 1.4x TC, 24-70 MKII, 85 1.8,(that's it ...for now)
    http://www.happyvalleyphotography.com
    edited May 13, 2008
    Grumpy_one wrote:
    aahhh....no I fix 'em when the pilots break em' rolleyes1.gif
    Laughing.gif! thumb.gif
  • nstamnstam Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited May 14, 2008
    my workplace =-S
    Nikolai wrote:
    This class idea is to come out with an image of your workplace that could be used as a front cover of a some specialty magazine. It can be specializing in architecture, lawns, gardenining, interior design, IT - the choice is really yours. Important thing is - it has to be your actual worplace, interior or exterior, and the shot should be cover-worthy.
    You'll know you're a winner if you show the image to the landlord and s/he would like to use it as an ad:-)
    As always with this type of assignment, nice smart fake title and content is required.
    Fresh images only. One entry per person. More PS is allowed than usual.
    Let's get your workplace covered!

does this work?

2339385892_f3fe6359b6.jpg
    edited May 14, 2008
    nstam wrote:
    does this work?
    Nathan, it's great as a base! thumb.gif
    Now would you mind to turn this image into a cover, as requested? mwink.gif
  • colfraglesscolfragless Registered Users Posts: 128 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2008
    I work at a Special effect Supply Company.. and we have alot of really kool monsters around the shop.. so here is my stab at the Assignment its more of and ad then a front cover.... hope you enjoy... if you goto my smugmug site you can see more of the monster i work with everyday... ~Sparky~

296152039_NgaXV-L.jpg
    A Day where One can Spend all day doing something they Love is a wonderful day in deed... ~sparky~

Sparkyphotography.net
    edited May 16, 2008
    I work at a Special effect Supply Company.. and we have alot of really kool monsters around the shop.. so here is my stab at the Assignment its more of and ad then a front cover.... hope you enjoy... if you goto my smugmug site you can see more of the monster i work with everyday... ~Sparky~
    Hi Sparky, thank you for the entry! Cool monster! thumb.gif
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2008
    A little tongue in cheek
    Guess who was bored. (Though it only took me about 1/2 hour start to finish)
    296291334_YenFZ-XL.jpg
  • colfraglesscolfragless Registered Users Posts: 128 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2008
    wow heather that looks Awesome!!!!! great work!!!!!
    A Day where One can Spend all day doing something they Love is a wonderful day in deed... ~sparky~

Sparkyphotography.net
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2008
    wow heather that looks Awesome!!!!! great work!!!!!

Thanks! I love my office!
    edited May 16, 2008
    Guess who was bored. (Though it only took me about 1/2 hour start to finish)
    Heather - lovely!clap.gif