Options

Arrange tool not seeming to be working

capturingimagescapturingimages Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
edited June 16, 2012 in Bug Reporting
The arrange tool isn't currently working on my site.

I have galleries sorted by filenames, A-Z order, and when I clicked on Tools > Arrange, a following screen asks if I want to arrange the gallery manually, which has never appeared previously, and then when I click 'yes', I am just taken back to my main bio screen, instead of to the arranging screen as normally happens.

Is there a current bug with this?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2012
    I've reported this to our QA team earlier. For the time being, go to the gallery settings and set 'auto sort' to none. Then you should be able to use the arrange photos tool. Sorry for the extra step.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited June 16, 2012
    Sorry, the arranging tool has always previously overriden any sort-by-filename setting that I've had, but it's not seeming to currently do that automatically.

Thanks.

The arrange tool isn't currently working on my site.

I have galleries sorted by filenames, A-Z order, and when I clicked on Tools > Arrange, a following screen asks if I want to arrange the gallery manually, which has never appeared previously, and then when I click 'yes', I am just taken back to my main bio screen, instead of to the arranging screen as normally happens.

Is there a current bug with this?

Thanks.
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2012
    Sorry, the arranging tool has always previously overriden any sort-by-filename setting that I've had, but it's not seeming to currently do that automatically.

Thanks.

Yes, that's a known issue. Please see my previous post - for the time being you have to manually disable auto sort in the gallery settings and then you should be able to arrange.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited June 16, 2012
    No worries, thanks again Sebastian.
    Yes, that's a known issue. Please see my previous post - for the time being you have to manually disable auto sort in the gallery settings and then you should be able to arrange.