Options

#Racing to the finish line

MisstaQMisstaQ Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
edited April 13, 2014 in Holy Macro
This is my first attempt in a few years at Macro, please feel free to give helpful critique and guidance.

_AEC0013-L.jpg
God bless America!

Comments

• Options
    Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,900 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2014
    Like it - assume it's a lily petal ?
    Brian v.
  • Options
    edited April 11, 2014
    Like it - assume it's a lily petal ?
    Brian v.

Yes it was . Do you have any ideas or constructive critiques for it? I am here to get better. I was also here when Smugmug had the Whipping post and then the Refinery, so no worries about me getting butt hurt if you say I could have done something better or a different way. thumb.gif
    God bless America!
  • Options
    edited April 12, 2014
    MisstaQ wrote: »
    Yes it was . Do you have any ideas or constructive critiques for it? I am here to get better. I was also here when Smugmug had the Whipping post and then the Refinery, so no worries about me getting butt hurt if you say I could have done something better or a different way. thumb.gif

The main thing is whether you liked the result.
    The only thing that bothers me slightly about the image is the pale area on the RHS - it seems to be slightly blown out and attracts the eye a bit.. Not much you can do about it in this pic but not sure if it would be possible to do a similar pic and avoid that altogether.

Brian v.
  • Options
    GOLDENORFEGOLDENORFE Super Moderators Posts: 4,747 moderator
    edited April 12, 2014
    Like the compostion , the rhs blown area needs removing, point of focus would rather see the stsmens in focus so your eye follows the humps around the image to them as the point of interest .
  • Options
    edited April 12, 2014
    GOLDENORFE wrote: »
    Like the compostion , the rhs blown area needs removing, point of focus would rather see the stsmens in focus so your eye follows the humps around the image to them as the point of interest .

Thank you for your pointers! Very valid, very valid indeed!

I felt ok about the blown out section because it made it more abstract and imperfect. Here is my thinking about this part of my photography style. We can all, if we are proficient, create perfect images, or what we with our human eyes see as perfect. So, I am trying to catch moments in time that show its frailty and imperfection. thumb.gif

I am not in anyway against what you said, in fact what you said was perfect. I am simply giving up a little bit of my thinking about this area of my style. :ivarclap.gif
    God bless America!
  • Options
    edited April 12, 2014
    The main thing is whether you liked the result.
    The only thing that bothers me slightly about the image is the pale area on the RHS - it seems to be slightly blown out and attracts the eye a bit.. Not much you can do about it in this pic but not sure if it would be possible to do a similar pic and avoid that altogether.

Brian v.

I love the result. please read the comment i posted in reply to GOLDENORFE's post. I would like to know what you think of my reply. wings.gif
    God bless America!
  • Options
    edited April 13, 2014
    MisstaQ wrote: »
    I love the result. please read the comment i posted in reply to GOLDENORFE's post. I would like to know what you think of my reply. wings.gif

My own view is that critique is a dangerous area. Generally people will critique against anything that is not the accepted norm in that group. I always think that without knowing what the person taking the photograph was trying to do, it is very difficult to say whether they were successful. Hence my first comment was did you like the result because you are the only person who knew what you were trying to achieve.

Brian V.
  • Options
    edited April 13, 2014
    My own view is that critique is a dangerous area. Generally people will critique against anything that is not the accepted norm in that group. I always think that without knowing what the person taking the photograph was trying to do, it is very difficult to say whether they were successful. Hence my first comment was did you like the result because you are the only person who knew what you were trying to achieve.

Brian V.

In answering your original question, yes, i love the outcome! lol
    God bless America!