Options

Southern oak bush cricket

Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,900 Major grins
edited August 3, 2015 in Holy Macro
Southern oak bush cricket. Seems to be missing a hind leg. Focus stacked using zerene.
Brian V.

19486141603_4411facbd5_o.jpg

19486141623_fc36e03355_o.jpg

19486141633_d643c5cd95_o.jpg

19486141663_7c60fca890_o.jpg

Comments

• Options
    e6filmusere6filmuser Registered Users Posts: 3,378 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2015
    Brian,

Lovely images.

I saw one of these a few weeks ago. It was on the underside of an apple leaf. Quite visible to the naked eye, seeing it well enough defined in the viewfinder was surprisingly difficult.

More recently, I found a large one on a canna leaf. Focusing was easier but the curl of the leaf... rolleyes1.gif

Harold
  • Options
    edited July 30, 2015
    e6filmuser wrote: »
    Brian,

Lovely images.

I saw one of these a few weeks ago. It was on the underside of an apple leaf. Quite visible to the naked eye, seeing it well enough defined in the viewfinder was surprisingly difficult.

More recently, I found a large one on a canna leaf. Focusing was easier but the curl of the leaf... rolleyes1.gif

Harold

Thanks Harold - I find these quite difficult to spot - they often look like shadows when on the underside of a leaf.

Brian v.
  • Options
    BorisphotoBorisphoto Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited August 2, 2015
    Damn those green eyes
    Those are some nice shots you took Lord. I love the color. I have never seen one of those before or maybe we don't even have them here. Still looks awesome clap.gif
  • Options
    edited August 3, 2015
    Borisphoto wrote: »
    Those are some nice shots you took Lord. I love the color. I have never seen one of those before or maybe we don't even have them here. Still looks awesome clap.gif

Thanks Boris :):
    Brian v.