Options

Lady bugs having a nap

BorisphotoBorisphoto Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
edited August 4, 2015 in Holy Macro
Well i had to share this photo with you guys. I found this guys in the cold having a winter nap.
It is taken with an older camera so aint to good and its not edited at all so yea. But i love it :D

zimski%20son-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,900 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2015
  • Options
    edited August 3, 2015
    Lovely find and shot.
    Brian v.

Tnx for the comment Brian. Aint easy to find this kind of shot. rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    e6filmusere6filmuser Registered Users Posts: 3,378 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2015
    Lovely shot. it shows how they crow together in a crevice to hibernate (a bit more than a nap).

We used to get these, plus dozens of tiny plant bugs (Heteroptera), between the closed window and the frame. That was with an old wooden frame. Last year we had a new UPVC window fitted and now see only the occasional ladybird on the window.

Harold
  • Options
    edited August 4, 2015
    e6filmuser wrote: »
    Lovely shot. it shows how they crow together in a crevice to hibernate (a bit more than a nap).

We used to get these, plus dozens of tiny plant bugs (Heteroptera), between the closed window and the frame. That was with an old wooden frame. Last year we had a new UPVC window fitted and now see only the occasional ladybird on the window.

Harold
    Tnx for your comment. And yeah i know they a'int just napping ( it is a catchy title tho ). And those Heteroptera run all over the place i live in, but i find lady bugs more exotic and pretty, the color of them is much stronger red.