Options

where to find place to change link thumnali blurb?

I SimoniusI Simonius Registered Users Posts: 1,034 Major grins
edited February 1, 2015 in SmugMug Customization
When I posta link to my site it has this text with the thumbnail - where do I chenge it - can;'t find teh palce?

thanks

"Simon King - Photographer with over 30 yrs experience in film, video, photography and editing. Landscapes, Portraits, Events. Friendly and professional. Based in Norfolk, East Anglia, UK. Teaching and training, one to one or groups, all levels."
Veni-Vidi-Snappii
...pics..

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,238 moderator
    edited February 1, 2015
    Check your profile - I think it may be coming from the description.

If you are sharing something specific like a gallery I think the gallery description will be used instead (if one exists).

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited February 1, 2015
    Thanks denise but Iv'e looked there but unless Imstaring staright at it and not seeing it I just cant find it

I wrote it in originally in the old style set up so with this new design Im still finding my way round but as afra s this is concerned Im lost, I think it used to be in the customise section under what search engines see
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,238 moderator
    edited February 1, 2015
    I Simonius wrote: »
    Thanks denise but Iv'e looked there but unless Imstaring staright at it and not seeing it I just cant find it

I wrote it in originally in the old style set up so with this new design Im still finding my way round but as afra s this is concerned Im lost, I think it used to be in the customise section under what search engines see
    In legacy the text was placed in your bio. In new smug the bio is replaced by the profile.
    http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/1230262-new-my-profile

There is a description in My Profile... About me... Description
    There is a homepage meta description in Account Settings... Discovery... Search

Have you checked both of these places?
    If you don't see the text in either location you may need a support hero's help, although it's possible that filling in a description in your profile will set the text as you desire.

If you add descriptions to folders or galleries and you link specifically to an item with a description, the more specific description for that item will be used.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited February 1, 2015
    Thanks denise - I'll give that a go
    :)

Brillaint thanks it was "There is a homepage meta description in Account Settings... Discovery... Search"

well done and thanks again
    :)
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..