Options

carousel content block

2»

Comments

• Options
    photoclickphotoclick Registered Users Posts: 278 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2015
    Yes, Denise, very good point. I glanced at your thread and it looks like the same issue - touch vs non-touch interface. I wish a better QA was done.
  • Options
    leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited January 30, 2015
    photoclick wrote: »
    I wish a better QA was done.

This is really really really hard and we're operating as best as we can, given the limitations of what information the browsers tell us. I believe that our development and QA teams worked appropriately in this situation.

Most devices are either:
    1) Touch ON, Mouse OFF
    2) Mouse On, Touch OFF

For these cases, things are easy. If touch is on, you're on a mobile device and instead of a mouse, use your finger for controlling events. Things that worked on the desktop client requiring a mouse get changed since there's no mouse (like the bottom bar always showing vs. only showing on hover). We'll also hide navigation elements that are hard for a finger to click on, like the scrollbar, because a finger gesture accomplishes the same thing. Everything works great for iPads, iPhones, Desktop computers, and the like....

The issue is what to do with these hybrid devices that are both a tablet and a computer. If you're using it with your finger, you'll want it to operate as a touch device. If you're using it with a mouse, you want it to operate as if you had a mouse. What it really comes down to is that we need to know if you have a mouse connected or not.

The problem is that the browser doesn't tell us you're using a mouse. It only tells us if touch events are enabled or disabled. We don't actually know you have a mouse attached and can only assume you're browsing as a touch user.

Hopefully in the future browsers will start passing along mouse information but until then we're stuck in this strange situation for these devices :(
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • Options
    PshotsPshots Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
    edited February 14, 2015
    Hopefully with the carousel contect there will be released soon the possibility to manage to bring the last uploaded images to the first position.
    As example to set it like returned order from z-a or uploaded image from upload time and so on !
  • Options
    Lille UlvenLille Ulven Registered Users Posts: 567 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2015
    PShots, if you want that - all you have to do is load your carousel from a gallery - may it be one that you already have or build a new one and add "links" to the photos of different galleries of yours to it - and than sort that gallery by date uploaded Z-A instead of what ever is chosen automatically (I think date created A-Z).
    https://www.lilleulven.smugmug.com - The Photos of my travels