Electricity.

LoganHLoganH Registered Users Posts: 113 Major grins
edited January 5, 2013 in Other Cool Shots
Comments and Critique more than welcome! Thanks!

8332086507_ed02b0c477_c.jpg

8333078796_3f64677c7f_c.jpg

Comments

• EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2013
    Hi Logan..... I think you've got a couple of goods ideas going here.
    In #1, I like the composition and subject - power towers lend themselves to wide angle, funky shots ......The intense processing suits the subject with the exception of the vignette - for me, it's too strong and too close to the tower.
    #2 captures a dramatic mood and has nice B&W tones - my suggestions would be to avoid centering the light and include a foreground element like a passing car, stray dog, people, etc. it will anchor the composition.
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • superduckzsuperduckz Registered Users Posts: 377 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2013
    I'll second Earache. Loads of potential here. The second shot is intriguing all on it's own but it's begging for some sort of subject in or around the cone of light. It's like a nice set just waiting. Loads of opportunity. Personally I'd love a spot like this and I'd park my classic motorcycle under there somewhere. Run with it!
    Accidents and Inspiration
    One of these days I'll have to figure out what my "style" is..
  • LoganHLoganH Registered Users Posts: 113 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2013
    Thanks for the critiques! Now that yall mention it something in the foreground of #2 would add to the scene. Luckily, that entrance on the left just after the lightpole is my dorm, so I can go back here again! Will work on it!