More Lax...

wmstummewmstumme Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
edited April 20, 2012 in Sports
A little from Friday. Late afternoon direct sun really gave shadows.

IMG9493ab-XL.jpg

IMG9550a-XL.jpg

IMG9610a-XL.jpg

IMG9634a-XL.jpg

IMG9674ab-XL.jpg

C & C always appreciated...
Regards

Will

Comments

• David EvertsenDavid Evertsen Registered Users Posts: 524 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2012
    wmstumme wrote: »
    A little from Friday. Late afternoon direct sun really gave shadows.

C & C always appreciated...

Really enjoy these shots, so much emotion in Girls LAX if the officials don't stop the play. Number 4 is my favorite, love the screaming girl so to speak. Do you have any of those girls that have mouth pieces that look like they are missing teeth? I really can't stand those, just makes the shots look weird..
  • wmstummewmstumme Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2012
    David: Thanks for the comments. I think I've seen the mouthguards you are talking about--and I think they are actually kinda expensive and have school colors and even logos on them. I think I've seen them more at the college levels, but really not sure.

As a parent, I'm concerned about the girls' safety. But, I just wonder sometimes if we are getting conned by the equipment makers and the lawyers. There really has been a lot of controversy about goggles and possible helmets in girls lax and in field hockey--whether they are having a truly positive or negative effect on how safe the play is. All this stuff doesn't help make for great photos--but if they're safer that's really all that matters. If girls lacrosse moves to helmets like some voices are starting to discuss, an ugly mouth guard won't be so visible...
    Regards

Will
    Nice shots, I dont understand why they don't wear the helmets like the guys do. Seems like it would be safer.
  • wmstummewmstumme Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2012
    Helmets are a huge discussion point in girls lax. Hard helmets like the guys wear are currently against the rules, except for goalies. But who knows what the future will bring. Here are some links to a popular lax forum if you want to see some of the passion on this issue:

http://network.laxpower.com/laxforum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=45863

http://network.laxpower.com/laxforum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=46227
    Regards

Will