The NEW Uploader is NOT Working!

Darter02Darter02 Registered Users Posts: 947 Major grins
edited March 4, 2015 in SmugMug Support
So I had a company I'm starting to do stuff for ask for an image ASAP. I rush to process it, and then tried to put it on the site for review. Guess what? Looks like SM has a new uploader.

No matter what method I choose, Drag & Drop or Click to Browse, I get the same error.

"We're sorry, but you don't appear to be logged in to that account. Please login and try again."

Thanks.

Comments

• Darter02Darter02 Registered Users Posts: 947 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2013
    Logged out, and back in. Works now. Just a heads up if anyone else runs into this.
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,008 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2013
    Big problem, all your uploads disappear so you can't look back and see what files were uploaded and check filenames.
    If you have a dup it stays visible otherwise everything's gone.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2013
    Allen wrote: »
    Big problem, all your uploads disappear so you can't look back and see what files were uploaded and check filenames.
    If you have a dup it stays visible otherwise everything's gone.

Al,

I think you are saying you can't see completed uploads?

Can you please take a video of the behavior you are experiencing? The completed uploads appear on the right hand window.
    edited December 5, 2013
    mbonocore wrote: »
    Al,

Can you please take a video of the behavior you are experiencing? The completed uploads appear on the right hand window.
    Now I see that but it is only part of a long file name.

Copied and pasted into notepad the whole filename shows.
    Uploading Completed
    1 / 2

photo2.JPG  0.05 MB       485609_622921354404567_1172423022_n.jpg    0.22 MB
    Duplicate file

Screen shot of actual upload box.
    edited December 5, 2013
    Now I see that but it is only part of a long file name.

Copied and pasted into notepad the whole filename shows.
    Uploading Completed
    1 / 2

photo2.JPG  0.05 MB       485609_622921354404567_1172423022_n.jpg    0.22 MB
    Duplicate file

Screen shot of actual upload box.

Ah, got ya. I will pass the feedback on. Thanks!
    edited December 5, 2013
    This could be a real problem for those using long filenames.
    Thanks
    edited December 5, 2013
    I just uploaded a photo. Complete. Closed uploader. Hit refresh a bunch of times in gallery. Checked every page (15).
    No photo
    Checked upload Stats in account settings. Upload complete. 29s
    back to gallery, no photo.
    Uploaded again, did not show as duplicate in uploader.
    Now shows in gallery. Duh!
  • phaserbeamphaserbeam Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2013
    I'm using long filenames and i'm going to dislike the new uploader... especially since there is no alternative now anymore.
  • brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2013

What the heck was wrong with the OLD uploader? It rarely if ever gave me problems. Once again Sm tries for "New Hotness" and seems to have failed in their beta testing.:cry

Oh, did I mention... once again no notice as far as I can find that the was a MAJOR change in the way we work w/ SM?
    edited December 6, 2013
    What the heck was wrong with the OLD uploader? It rarely if ever gave me problems. Once again Sm tries for "New Hotness" and seems to have failed in their beta testing.:cry

Oh, did I mention... once again no notice as far as I can find that the was a MAJOR change in the way we work w/ SM?

This did not fail at all in Beta Testing. I (and many many people) have been using the uploader all night with no issues.
    edited December 6, 2013
    I just uploaded a photo. Complete. Closed uploader. Hit refresh a bunch of times in gallery. Checked every page (15).
    No photo
    Checked upload Stats in account settings. Upload complete. 29s
    back to gallery, no photo.
    Uploaded again, did not show as duplicate in uploader.
    Now shows in gallery. Duh!

Sorry Al!

Let me know if you can recreate this. I have tried, and not been able too.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2013
    This did not fail at all in Beta Testing. I (and many many people) have been using the uploader all night with no issues.

Working great here, LOVE it, it seems fasterer, too thumb.gif
    edited December 6, 2013
    It's almost completely useless here when the uploaded file list disappears to a blank screen with a message. I barely have time to read
    the file name of small uploads. When uploading singles or small batches it's virtually impossible to find where you left off and find the next
    ones to upload.

The uploaded file list needs to remain visible until you close the upload box.
  • JerryBartonJerryBarton Registered Users Posts: 147 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2013
    I also cannot upload. I've never been able to use the HTML5 uploader - always used 'simple' or 'flash', but these are now gone. I'm using Win7 and Chrome (both latest versions). The Uploader starts - zips through the first half of the upload very fast (too fast), then stalls and hangs there. In the Legacy SM, this was listed as 'verifying the upload' and eventually failed. In the new SM, it just hangs.

www.jerrybarton.eu

I've tried logging out and back in - no difference.

P.S. Similar behaviour with Firefox and IE10. Only difference is that the green bar zips to the end and hangs there, instead of half way.
    edited December 6, 2013
    I also cannot upload. I've never been able to use the HTML5 uploader - always used 'simple' or 'flash', but these are now gone. I'm using Win7 and Chrome (both latest versions). The Uploader starts - zips through the first half of the upload very fast (too fast), then stalls and hangs there. In the Legacy SM, this was listed as 'verifying the upload' and eventually failed. In the new SM, it just hangs.

www.jerrybarton.eu

I've tried logging out and back in - no difference.

P.S. Similar behaviour with Firefox and IE10. Only difference is that the green bar zips to the end and hangs there, instead of half way.

You should write the help desk. This sure sounds like a connection issue, not an uploader issue, to me.
    edited December 6, 2013
    At least you are able to upload Allen.
    I can't even upload!

I get the following message:

Failed Download.jpg0.29 MB

We're sorry, but you don't appear to be logged in to that account. Please login and try again.

I have logged out and logged back in, but still nothing.

I can see that I am logged in through the transparency of the screen.

I would show you a screen shot, but I am unable to upload an image.

Very frustrating!!!!!
    Log out. Close your browser (hopefully you are using a good browser, like Chrome or Firefox or Safari), then clear all your SmugMug cookies, login again and try.
    edited December 6, 2013
    It's almost completely useless here when the uploaded file list disappears to a blank screen with a message. I barely have time to read
    the file name of small uploads. When uploading singles or small batches it's virtually impossible to find where you left off and find the next
    ones to upload.

The uploaded file list needs to remain visible until you close the upload box.

Hm. Won't your upload log suffice?

https://secure.smugmug.com/homepage/uploadlog.mg?type=all&scope=
    edited December 6, 2013
    I barely have time to read
    the file name of small uploads.

That's 'cause it's way faster, I think :D
  • zacHer0zacHer0 Registered Users Posts: 655 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2013
    I'm seeing other reports of people saying that they are not logged in when they clearly are. Try logging out, go to www.smugmug.com and log in from there, then go to your site and try uploading again. It seems to only happen to people that log into their site through a custom domain.
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero
    edited December 6, 2013

Must be an IE9 thing.
    I do hope this gets resolved.

Please try a really good browser on your win machine. Chrome or Firefox. It takes 20 seconds to install them. IE9 sucks, and so does Safari on Windows. I just used the uploader on Windows 7, works like a charm, SUPER FAST, too.
    edited December 6, 2013
    clearing the cache, .

I said clear your SmugMug cookies (and your cache).
    edited December 6, 2013
    Andy wrote: »
    You should write the help desk. This sure sounds like a connection issue, not an uploader issue, to me.

Done.
    edited December 6, 2013
    Please try a really good browser on your win machine. Chrome or Firefox. It takes 20 seconds to install them. IE9 sucks, and so does Safari on Windows. I just used the uploader on Windows 7, works like a charm, SUPER FAST, too.

Good advice, but it took about 10 minutes to install here.
    edited December 6, 2013
    Good advice, but it took about 10 minutes to install here.

That's the best 10 minutes you've ever spent thumb.gif
  • phaserbeamphaserbeam Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2013
    That's the best 10 minutes you've ever spent

For sure not... i just spent more then 10minutes to migrate from opera to firefox. Before the uploader was updated and 'basic' uploaders got removed everything worked well. I know opera isn't supported but for sure firefox was not worth the '10minutes'. However... i know i must live with that decission for now. Hopefully other outstanding bugs get fixed before we get another 'improvement' like that... especially that 'Customize just this page'-Bug. I really wonder how this bug could survive a beta test.
    edited December 6, 2013
    phaserbeam wrote: »
    For sure not... i just spent more then 10minutes to migrate from opera to firefox.
    Uh, the person I replied to was using IE.

You could try Chrome thumb.gif
    edited December 6, 2013
    Hi All,

We have listened to your original feedback on the new uploader and made some changes.

First, after your upload is complete, you will see a link that says "View Completed Files". This will take you back to the uploader where you can see the files that were successfully uploaded.

00000072-X3.png

Second, if you wish to see the entire (long) filename, simply hover your mouse over the filename to be shown the full string.

Screen%20Shot%202013-12-06%20at%202.47.55%20PM-X3.png

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Hope this helps with some of your original concerns.

Michael
    edited December 6, 2013
    Also, for the custom domain log in error message, we are investigating this...stay tuned...but in the meantime, please log in via www.smugmug.com

Sorry for the inconvenience on that!
  • MenBrialMenBrial Registered Users Posts: 69 Big grins
    edited December 6, 2013
    Darter02 wrote: »
    So I had a company I'm starting to do stuff for ask for an image ASAP. I rush to process it, and then tried to put it on the site for review. Guess what? Looks like SM has a new uploader.

No matter what method I choose, Drag & Drop or Click to Browse, I get the same error.

"We're sorry, but you don't appear to be logged in to that account. Please login and try again."

Thanks.

Same thing here since yesterday .....
  • MenBrialMenBrial Registered Users Posts: 69 Big grins
    edited December 6, 2013
    Darter02 wrote: »

Thanks.
    I said clear your SmugMug cookies (and your cache).

As usual Andy your response are useless....the problem is stil there ....Smugmug upload actually is nothing than a HUGE BUG