Logo on press printed produtcs?

Aussie KateAussie Kate Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited April 11, 2011 in Mind Your Own Business
I put my studio name on the back of photobooks and press printed cards I create for clients. I always lower the opacity and use a smaller font so it's not too distracting from the images. I just had a client tell me they would not order the cards (sent him the preview) unless I remove it.

What does everyone else out there do??

Comments

• SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2011
    I put my studio name on the back of photobooks and press printed cards I create for clients. I always lower the opacity and use a smaller font so it's not too distracting from the images. I just had a client tell me they would not order the cards (sent him the preview) unless I remove it.

What does everyone else out there do??

I just went through a some greeting cards I have and they all have the name of the company prominently on the back of the card. You think Hallmark will sell you the cards without their name on it?

You are free to do what you want of course, but you could inform them that all the cards available in their local stores and online will have some branding.

You could also tell them that you are proud of the cards you create and want others to know who designed the cards, and if they want the branding removed you would need to quote a higher price.

Sam
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited April 4, 2011
    sam wrote: »
    [...]and if they want the branding removed you would need to quote a higher price.

+1

• Manfr3dManfr3d Registered Users Posts: 2,008 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2011
    angelo wrote: »
    +1

+1
    “To consult the rules of composition before making a picture is a little like consulting the law of gravitation before going for a walk.”
    ― Edward Weston
  • mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2011
    Sam wrote: »
    and if they want the branding removed you would need to quote a higher price.

Sam

+1. Notice that even Blurb.com does this -- they charge you EXTRA to remove their branding from your photo books.
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu