First Image: Laowa 15mm on EM-1: Coprinopsis sp.

e6filmusere6filmuser Registered Users Posts: 3,376 Major grins
edited May 21, 2016 in Holy Macro
The lens acts as a 30mm with the x2 crop but still has an interesting field of view and lighting is a challenge. This image was at considerably less than the maximum magnification of 2:1 with the crop. I am testing this lens in satges, working towards 1:1.

The image selected has excessive foreground foliage but gives and idea of what the lens can do. Other images were better in this respect but were not quite so sharp on the mushroom or had unbalanced lighting. There was on gun on the L-bracket but articulated inwards to point +/- downwards centrally. Two other guns were freestanding, on either side of , the beams almost parallel to the focal plane.

EM-1, Laowa 15mm at f22*, triple RC TTL flash, camera on the ground.

* No click stops, so setting tends to drift when ring is touched by fingers.

I have cropped a small amount off the right side to remove a vertical, bright green, almost white, stalk.

Harold

1302303.jpg?ts=14638120215

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2016
    It came out fantastic! Framing and light are superb too!
    If mine, I would try to cleanly clone out the bright stalk above the mushroom, to both make it less busy shot and take it out of the competition with mushroom for attention!
    Cheers!
  • e6filmusere6filmuser Registered Users Posts: 3,376 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2016
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    It came out fantastic! Framing and light are superb too!
    If mine, I would try to cleanly clone out the bright stalk above the mushroom, to both make it less busy shot and take it out of the competition with mushroom for attention!
    Cheers!

Thanks. I did consider that but my efforts usually make things worse. In any case, rather than just being an image of mushroom, this shows the characteristics of the lens.

Harold
  • e6filmusere6filmuser Registered Users Posts: 3,376 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2016
    An alternative image:

1302313.jpg

Harold