Manipulating SM RSS Feeds

IIMMIIMM Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
Hello,

Does anyone know a way to limit the return on a keyword RSS feed to only pull in, say, 5 images per gallery instead of pulling in the 100 most relevant images which may, in fact, be from the same gallery?

Thanks!
-D.S.

Comments

• AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,008 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2014
    IIMM wrote: »
    Hello,

Does anyone know a way to limit the return on a keyword RSS feed to only pull in, say, 5 images per gallery instead of pulling in the 100 most relevant images which may, in fact, be from the same gallery?

Thanks!
    -D.S.
    I have this on the end of a recent galleries feed, perhaps something like this?
    &ImageCount=40
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • IIMMIIMM Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited February 5, 2014
    Allen wrote: »
    I have this on the end of a recent galleries feed, perhaps something like this?
    &ImageCount=40

Thanks Allen, but that simply limits the amount of photos that the feed returns as a whole rather than limiting the number of photos per album that is being returned.

I'll keep playing around with it in the meantime and if I find a solution I'll post it.
  • IIMMIIMM Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited February 7, 2014
    Configured some coding to display one image per gallery -- guess my next question would be if it's possible to expand the RSS feed return limit (currently returns 100 photos) on a keyword search.

I've tried increasing the return limit by appending '&ImageCount=200' to the end of my feed URL and that was to no avail.

Thanks!
    -DS
  • DeveloperWunDeveloperWun Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited March 23, 2014
    Any idea how to consume the RSS feed? I can't find a single code sample explaining how to do it. i want to do it with JavaScript...native JS or JQuery.