rant: stupid mean neighbor

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited February 16, 2006 in The Big Picture
here's what my "bunny habitat" looked like before this past tuesday..
22142337-S.jpg

and here's what my stupid mean neighbor did on tuesday while i was out for the day in nyc...

22142034-S.jpg

this is the same guy that tried to put his electric dog fence 20 feet onto my property line (near the same area) .... and then a few months later he says to me "i'm gonna clear out this brushy area..." to which i reply "nooooo! that's where all the bunnies live! not to mention that it's a huge buffer zone that offers me privacy from my other neighbor's yard down the way a bit.

well let me tell you: i went out again with the property map, that is clear as day laid out in exact feet and inches as to where the property line is... and i measured three times with a professional wheel-measuring device.. no mistaking the property line, for sure :deal. that entire area that's covered in straw in the second pic is on *my* property.

thank goodness for photographic evidence...

time to place a call to my lawyer :smack

Comments

• dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2005
    Andy,

I think you need to take a trick out of a detroiters book and tonight while they sleep plants some new bushes and tear down his fence. Then unlease a heard of geese on his front lawn.

PS don't forget the sugar in the gas tank.
    Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
    www.zxstudios.com
    http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2005
    Well that sucks. Bummer you have to get a lawyer involved. What a nitwit he is.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2005
    wxwax wrote:
    Well that sucks. Bummer you have to get a lawyer involved. What a nitwit he is.

lol3.gif his wife came out to me today while i was taking pictures from *my* property, asked what i was doing, i just smiled :D back and went about my business...
  • Tim KirkwoodTim Kirkwood Registered Users Posts: 900 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2005
    Neighbors can suck.......Mine are retired and feel the need to end starvation to all cats. They have cat food all over their property and so we have about 30 strays that all hang out around here. They use my flower beds for litter boxes and they "mark"(pee) on the roof of our cars and then it runs down the windshield and into the air vents. Then the next morning you turn on the defrost or ac and get cat pee smell pushed right into your face. I have talked and talked and talked to them about the problem. Today I brought home grandpas bb pistol. Gonna teach em a lesson. I feel your pain andy. Dont give, not even a little. Give them and inch, they will take a foot.

Tim
    www.KirkwoodPhotography.com

Speak with sweet words, for you never know when you may have to eat them....
  • devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited May 15, 2005
    Always thought it was weird how you Americans don't have fences around your own properties. headscratch.gif

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2005
    Hey Andy,

Got get that sucker.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • soulsunsoulsun Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited May 19, 2005
    Lawyer AND SURVEYOR!!!!
    Andy,

Obviously laws are different from state to state, but I spent 11 yrs working in a county mapping office in PA. Many times I had one neighbor come in in the morning complaining about his neighbor only to have the other side of the 'soon to be' fence come in in the afternoon. In PA, the only person who can legally say where a property line is located, is a licensed surveyor. You may be dead on w/ your measurements based on the local plat map, but it would never hold up in court in PA. Again, laws are different from state to state, but I suspect that this situation would probably be similar.

Good Luck,

Scott
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited May 19, 2005
    wow, how many gallons of green paint do you think he used? :D

go get 'im Andy. ever consider launching sulpher bombs on his lawn at night (right under his bedrrom window)?

>>>

ya know, a few miles south in the Bronx, where I grew up, we knew how to handle mooks like your neighbor and we didn't need no stinkin' lawyers. :toni
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2005
    Where is this located? I would just hire a surveyer and have hime stake out the property lines. All under your watchful photographic eye. With that completed, I would have a "nice" chat with Mr. and Mrs. Neighbor. If they don't agree with the survey, you will then need to get a lawyer involved.

mitch
    edited May 19, 2005
    soulsun wrote:
    Andy,

Obviously laws are different from state to state, but I spent 11 yrs working in a county mapping office in PA. Many times I had one neighbor come in in the morning complaining about his neighbor only to have the other side of the 'soon to be' fence come in in the afternoon. In PA, the only person who can legally say where a property line is located, is a licensed surveyor. You may be dead on w/ your measurements based on the local plat map, but it would never hold up in court in PA. Again, laws are different from state to state, but I suspect that this situation would probably be similar.

Good Luck,

Scott

i have an accurate survey, and all the prop lines are marked. the guy is an idiot.
  • soulsunsoulsun Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited May 19, 2005
    andy wrote:
    i have an accurate survey, and all the prop lines are marked. the guy is an idiot.
    thumb.gif Then you should be good to go ! Reminds me of The Far Side cartoon where God is sprinkling a salt shaker labeled 'Jerks' over the Earth and saying something to the effect of ' Just to make things interesting...'

Again, Good Luck,

Scott
  • behr655behr655 Registered Users Posts: 552 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2005
    andy wrote:

and here's what my stupid mean neighbor did on tuesday while i was out for the day in nyc...

:smack
    Holy cow!!! He turned the trees green!!!! I don't think I'd mess with him. :D

Bear
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2005
    andy wrote:

You forgot to add "bless his heart" at the end. That's how Southerners curse out folks.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • AcediaAcedia Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited May 19, 2005
    What part of NYC is this?
    This must be Central Park! ?
    Acedia
    edited November 9, 2005
    *** Update ***
    Tonight, my DW and I are having "satisfaction soup" for dinner. The surveyors just finished their job - they had to "re-find" the property lines - and it turns out the actual property lines are even more in our favor - the entire bunny hutch, and then some, was on our property.

It feels good to know, but I'm sorry that they killed the bunny habitat :cry

Anyhow - now on to the restitution part - it'll be interesting to see how they deal with our request - to replant trees and shrubs etc that were the original height - like 10' high!

clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

(not my image)
    bunny.jpg
    edited November 9, 2005
    I would put up the biggest, and UGLIEST fence possible on the property line. Then wait 6 months to a year after they have given up complaining about it, take it down (it is ugly after all), and let them know if they every touch your property again the ugly fence will be a vacation compared to the new retribution.
    www.zxstudios.com
    edited November 9, 2005
    I would put up the biggest, and UGLIEST fence possible on the property line. Then wait 6 months to a year after they have given up complaining about it, take it down (it is ugly after all), and let them know if they every touch your property again the ugly fence will be a vacation compared to the new retribution.

lol3.gif you devil you!

hey - how's the boss-lady???
  • Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2005
    andy wrote:
    22142337-S.jpg

22142034-S.jpg

time to place a call to my lawyer :smack
    HE TURNED YOUR TREES GREEEEEEEEENNNNN!!!!!

oh no wait, there's a fence there.
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2005
    andy wrote:
    Anyhow - now on to the restitution part - it'll be interesting to see how they deal with our request - to replant trees and shrubs etc that were the original height - like 10' high!

We had a similar problem w/ neighbors in IL. It will blow your mind how much value they place on that stuff.

Good luck with it. Too bad they destroyed it and now you have do deal with this :(

Dave
    edited November 9, 2005
    dkapp wrote:
    We had a similar problem w/ neighbors in IL. It will blow your mind how much value they place on that stuff.

Good luck with it. Too bad they destroyed it and now you have do deal with this :(

Dave

I'll get PETA, and the ASPCA to "dog" them lol3.gif
    edited November 9, 2005
    andy wrote:
    lol3.gif you devil you!

hey - how's the boss-lady???
    Blech, to bad the job market sucks right now. But it's helping My acting skills (she thinks I like her).
    www.zxstudios.com
    edited January 9, 2006
    Update. Now it's off to small claims. They've ignored my polite request to pay for the new survey. Wouldn't bother, except that the cost of the surveyor was equivalent to a 400mm L naughty.gif
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Update. Now it's off to small claims. They've ignored my polite request to pay for the new survey. Wouldn't bother, except that the cost of the surveyor was equivalent to a 400mm L naughty.gif

cost here is not measured in Dollars, or Euros, but in glass rolleyes1.gif
    Well, all i can say, is good luck Andy!
  • AnsonAnson Registered Users Posts: 207 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2006
    Hey Tim..
    perhaps after you finish your fine work with the cats, you can pop over for lunch at Andy's some lovely weekend and thin down Andys bunny herd as well!headscratch.gif

Seriously Tim...how about instead of a BB gun...you try this number for possible help http://www.catteam.org/feral.htmlclap.gif

...these feral/stray/abandoned cats are struggling day to day trying to make a living, just like you...they had NO say in their circumstance...ne_nau.gif
    edited February 16, 2006
    Today is our day in court. 6:30pm. I called the defendant two hours ago, to see if he wanted to settle (one last time) he's ignoring me so now I'm gonna paste him in front of da judge

15430050-L.jpg
  • StormdancingStormdancing Registered Users Posts: 917 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2006
    You go Andy!
    Mean neighbors suck.
    Good luck.
    Dana
    ** Feel free to edit my photos if you see room for improvement.**
    Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if
    no birds sang there except those that sang best.
    ~Henry Van Dyke
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2006
    Please keep us posted, Andy.
    I've been watching this thread closely, and I'm on the edge of my seat. Good luck with your day in court!thumb.gif
    edited February 16, 2006
    You go Andy!
    Mean neighbors suck.
    Good luck.

clap.gifclap.gif Defendant just called and settled.
    edited February 16, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    clap.gifclap.gif Defendant just called and settled.

Boring. I wanted to see the photos of the judge smacking him around. So tell us oh great eater of the ribs. How many cows did you settle for?
    www.zxstudios.com
    edited February 16, 2006
    Boring. I wanted to see the photos of the judge smacking him around. So tell us oh great eater of the ribs. How many cows did you settle for?

I was looking for 1100 ribs in court - the cost of the survey. In a last ditch effort to be magnanimous, I offered to settle for 750 ribs, and he accepted. This is after I dropped off my exhibits A, B, and C last night in his mailbox. Concrete proof, photographic evidence clap.gif