Tethered shooting

IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
edited December 6, 2010 in Technique
Is it possible (Nikon) to use the HDMI connection for tethered shooting? The USB connection on the D300 and D700 is located in exactly the worst place if you have an L-bracket on your camera. I've been shooting tethered for years, but am upgrading my tripod setup to Kirk or RRS and this is a stumbling block I haven't been able to see my way around. RRS sent me a couple of nice photos showing how to shoot tethered with their L-brackets on Nikons, but the photos show a cable running to the HDMI port. I don't know if that'll work.
John :
Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.

Comments

• angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2010
    Icebear wrote: »
    Is it possible (Nikon) to use the HDMI connection for tethered shooting? The USB connection on the D300 and D700 is located in exactly the worst place if you have an L-bracket on your camera. I've been shooting tethered for years, but am upgrading my tripod setup to Kirk or RRS and this is a stumbling block I haven't been able to see my way around. RRS sent me a couple of nice photos showing how to shoot tethered with their L-brackets on Nikons, but the photos show a cable running to the HDMI port. I don't know if that'll work.

John, everything I read says you can use HDMI to review your photos, but nothing more.
    tom wise
  • IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2010
    Yep. I think that's right.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.