another rugby game for Floody

squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
edited April 20, 2009 in Sports
Floody, we do play rugby here, though not on a professional level. a lot of cities have amateur rugby clubs. i like to go watch sometimes; i played for 5 years myself in high school and college, and still have a bit of a soft spot for the game... here are some shots i took a couple of weeks ago at a local club match... i kinda like the last one best, for the sense of speed it conveys...

IMG_6985smcopy_2image.jpg

IMG_6489asmhdr_filtered.jpg

IMG_6517sm.jpg

IMG_6952sm.jpg
~ Rocky
"Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com

Comments

• budman101budman101 Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2009
    Nice captures. I like shooting Rugby because you don't have to worry about getting inside a helmet to get good face shots. And there is plenty of action.
    www.joemallis.com
    "Most time its not the gear that makes the shot"
  • FL00DYFL00DY Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
    edited April 20, 2009
    haha awesome :) Yup I love the last one, probably a better idea of the running game then today's professionals have rolleyes1.gif Australia lost the World Cup some years back because England thought it would be more fun to kick goals then score try's eek7.gif

A friend of mine shoots her husbands rugby here in Sydney, she spend lots of time processing each game, hehe she's worked out shooting a shot of the grass to mark the start of each game thumb.gif
    “I don’t understand bus lanes. Why do poor people have to get to places quicker than I do?” - Jeremy Clarkson

My Blog: www.floody82.com
    My Photos: floody82.smugmug.com