Critique my site, please...

gyrogyro Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
edited July 2, 2007 in Mind Your Own Business
I've been up and running for a few months here, but haven't yet really shown my face to the world.

The purpose of my site is twofold: to show my work as a hobbyist, and to show some examples of work as a marketing pro. Mostly i'm not much of a "real" photographer, but i do use and enjoy photography, Photoshop and InDesign in my professional work.

Any critique of my site is welcomed. Comments can be about anything from overall site look and navigation, to specific observations about galleries and individual images.

Go to: http://gmeredith.smugmug.com

Cool, thanks!

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2007
    Nice work
    the only thing i will like to point out is usage of Bold font in resume don't work for me :D
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • JackalJackal Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited July 1, 2007
    Nice!
    Greg,
    I find your site simple and elegant. Sharp looking and your work crisp and fresh. Enjoyed your racing series and also your street series.
    Regards

Carlos C.

gyro wrote:
    I've been up and running for a few months here, but haven't yet really shown my face to the world.

The purpose of my site is twofold: to show my work as a hobbyist, and to show some examples of work as a marketing pro. Mostly i'm not much of a "real" photographer, but i do use and enjoy photography, Photoshop and InDesign in my professional work.

Any critique of my site is welcomed. Comments can be about anything from overall site look and navigation, to specific observations about galleries and individual images.

Go to: http://gmeredith.smugmug.com

Cool, thanks!
    Jackal says Hi!:thumb
  • Soskin PhotographySoskin Photography Registered Users Posts: 121 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2007
    I think your site is perfect, I have spent hours trying to make mine similar to a site like yours the only thing I would add is music. That is if I knew how that is I can't even figure out how to get a slideshow, banner, nav keys or anything else on mine, I have looked at outside companies doing it also but I am really scared of that because then one company does the design and one host the site, usually an issue with one or the other. Look at my site and tell me what you think?

This one is the one I would like to replace. www.soskinphotography.com

This is the one I thought was going to be the one I went to, but can't figure out how to spruce it up so maybe looking for a new company all together. www.soskinphotography.smugmug.com

Thanks for any help, assistance and critics welcome.
  • ~Jan~~Jan~ Registered Users Posts: 966 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2007
    Wow, nice. Very classy!
  • gyrogyro Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited July 2, 2007
    thanks...
    Thanks for the comments so far!

Awais -- I will work with the font and font weight on the resume, thanks. Your portraits of children are amazing.

Jackal -- thanks for the nice comments.

Soskin -- Thanks for your comments. i liked your site, but it (the first site you listed) didn't quite render properly on my Macintosh. The site navigation was easy to understand, and the pricing pages were a breath of fresh are for their simplicity. Looks like on the second site you've made the slideshow work just fine. Don't give up, there is plenty of info in these forums to inform you on the modifications that you want, without hiring someone. Thanks!

Jan -- thanks for your "classy" comment! :)

Anyone else, please take a look and critique my site... tell me what you think!

Go to: http://gmeredith.smugmug.com/

Thanks, all.