First Wedding

nikusnikus Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
edited September 4, 2008 in Weddings
Hello all,

I stumbled updon this forum and decided to join. First post!
I've just recently had the honor of photographing my friend's wedding. I did it as a gift for them since they did not hire a pro to do it.
You can check out some of the selected photos here:
http://joeandstephanie.photodunski.com/

Please let me know what you guys think and how to improve!

Equipment used:
Nikon D40
SB-600 with a Gary Fong Cloud Lightsphere
18-55 nikkor and the 55-200 VR

Thanks!
Steven.

Comments

• Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2008
    Hey! Welcome to Dgrin!!! clap.gif

It would be better if you could post some of those photos here on the forum, as it would be easier for us to see them!

I think they are pretty good! They all seem so centered though..
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2008
    Like Moogle Pepper said, pic some of your favorites, etc and post if you want specific critiques. Or just tell us by number or a direct link to those photos. (A more limited #) Expecting to get comments about 80 photos is very unlikely, or they will be so general the feedback won't be as helpful as it could be.

Just something I noticed on some of the pictures near the beginning of the couple when they were outdoors and you were in the shade of a tree. Be careful there, with the sun peaking through. It really hurt some of those photos. Try to find shade that doesn't come and go, like that of a tree with a thin set of leafs to block the direct sun.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me