Toned ones

Jouko LehtoJouko Lehto Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
edited September 17, 2008 in Weddings
Some wedding shots from couple of weeks ago.
They like dancing the old way, at dance halls etc - so they wanted to have photos taken in that kind of environment, at the same day but before they celebreted their wedding with friends and families there. So, the location was an old farmers society hall in the countryside.

Comments and critics, please
373149446_TcRza-L.jpg

373150208_LLqyR-L.jpg

373153195_8KTy5-L.jpg

373152625_RBDJj-L.jpg

Thank's for looking!

Jouko

Comments

• mmrodenmmroden Registered Users Posts: 472 Major grins
    edited September 16, 2008
    Hi Jouko,

Welcome to the forum :)

Since no one else has piped up yet, and I myself hate to not get any commentary, I thought I'd throw my hat into the ring.

Maybe it's my monitor, but I think these could do with a large dash of contrast thrown in. The last one, especially, has some really nice gradients, especially on her face, and they could be brought out more. The more I look at the first one, the more detail I see, and I wonder if that subtlety is what you're aiming for, or if some contrast might help there too (ie, force the viewer to see the differences, rather than wait for them to lean in close to find them).

Can the groom smile? He seems a bit uncomfortable...
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited September 17, 2008
    I think these are very well done! Beautiful conversions and love the poses and overall clarity of the images...nice and sharp with a great mood attached. The last one with the gaussian blurred background gave them a halo around their heads when painting them back in...don't know if it was intentional but noticed it right away.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552