Some Engagements

Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
edited August 26, 2008 in Weddings
Let me have it!! : :D

BookCoverMS.jpg

#2 (they insisted on the shades...the blue reflection worked w/ the jeans and shirt, I thought)

MS12.jpg

MS13.jpg

#4 (shadow on his face....bad me, BAD ME!)

MS21.jpg

#5 (candid moment here )

MS22.jpg

MS7.jpg

MS24.jpg

framephoto.jpg

Comments

• heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2008
    #6 is a really neat photo! I love the height of those colums and the distortion doesn't bother me much.
  • bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2008
    Idlewild wrote:
    Let me have it!! : :D

BookCoverMS.jpg

A couple things, is it me or is this shot a little soft on their faces and it looks as if there is more detail in the background above and behind them. Maybe a smaller depth of field would have helped to isolate them more from it. Also the background is pretty busy and I find myself looking at it as much as them. I get a feel of the location from the other shots as well and think if you could have gotten a couple shots at about this same angle to the wall but with most just brick in the background then the couple would stand out much more. They would standout from the repetition of the bricks, you have this a little right behind her head. You also find this in shot #3, they stand out from the steps.

#2 and #3 Something about how their hands are in the photos doesn't seem right. It looks a little awkward and unnatural to me. I think you could have posed them better.

I like number 6, but she has sunglasses on and he doesn't. Its a neat concept but with engagement shots I have found most people like a pretty close shot of the faces and down to chest level, especially if they are going to use it for display, etc. I would be curious to see the whole gallery.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me