The Dungeon Master

kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
edited September 21, 2014 in People
i-jHdqPgH-X2.jpg

Comments

• Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited September 19, 2014
    Note to all...................don't judge............he ain't called dog for no reason. rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif

Sam
  • Options
    Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
    The use of color gell fill for this scene just ROCKS.

Nice with a capital N.
  • Options
    Sam wrote: »
    Note to all...................don't judge............he ain't called dog for no reason. rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif

Sam
    Restrain yourself, Sam. Or I can arrange for someone to do it for you. naughty.gif
  • Options
    The use of color gell fill for this scene just ROCKS.

Nice with a capital N.
    Thanks, Bryce! It was meant to be more of a kicker than a fill, but you're right about the gel.
  • Options
    D3SshooterD3Sshooter Registered Users Posts: 1,187 Major grins
    edited September 20, 2014
    Nice shot Kdog ..... different and that is what I like.... I just wonder if it would not look better without the mirror effect, especially the double arm.....
    A photographer without a style, is like a pub without beer
  • Options
    D3Sshooter wrote: »
    Nice shot Kdog ..... different and that is what I like.... I just wonder if it would not look better without the mirror effect, especially the double arm.....

Good eye! I think you have something there. Might try cloning out the arm in the mirror but leave the handcuff. Also maybe try cloning out the boots in the mirror.

It is so incredibly difficult to see all the possibilities and / or minor flaws while shooting. This is probably why the top photographers have a crew to take care of all the details freeing up the photographer to focus on those little things as well as provide a second or third pair of eyes.

Sam
  • Options
    alaiosalaios Registered Users Posts: 668 Major grins
    what about the left part of her face that takes most of the lighting.. is not a bit burned or perhaps a bit more of what my eyes like to see.
    I also agree that perhaps without the mirror might be looking better. Otherwise nice

Alex
  • Options
    jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    Yowza! That's cool.
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • Options
    edited September 21, 2014
    D3Sshooter wrote: »
    Thanks, D3! I understand the reflection issue, but elected to leave it in as that's what mirrors do.
    Good eye! I think you have something there. Might try cloning out the arm in the mirror but leave the handcuff. Also maybe try cloning out the boots in the mirror.

It is so incredibly difficult to see all the possibilities and / or minor flaws while shooting. This is probably why the top photographers have a crew to take care of all the details freeing up the photographer to focus on those little things as well as provide a second or third pair of eyes.

Sam
    Thanks, Sam. Same comment as above concerning the reflection.
    alaios wrote: »
    what about the left part of her face that takes most of the lighting.. is not a bit burned or perhaps a bit more of what my eyes like to see.
    I also agree that perhaps without the mirror might be looking better. Otherwise nice

Alex
    Thanks, Alex. Face is hot, but not blown. The harshness is intentional.
    Yowza! That's cool.
    Thanks, Jack!
  • Options
    A perspective. It's a good image but hey we can all Monday morning quarterback a little. :D

This is different than picking apart an image.

Sam
  • Options
    A perspective. It's a good image but hey we can all Monday morning quarterback a little. :D

This is different than picking apart an image.

Sam
    Well, thanks for cleaning that up. headscratch.gif