Searching for the light

D3SshooterD3Sshooter Registered Users Posts: 1,187 Major grins
edited September 22, 2014 in People
That time of the year is getting near "Fall" and a long winter...or at least were I live' Going to work in the dark, coming home in the dark.

hallloween%20%2829%20of%2070%29.jpg
A photographer without a style, is like a pub without beer

Comments

• SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited September 19, 2014
    Your a very busy and creative photographer. clap.gifclapclap.gif

Sam
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    Which came first, the title or the idea for the image, they don't seem to match. For me the overall brightness overpowers the candle. Shouldn't the lighting be more subdued to match what light emanates from the candle?
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    ^^ agree with Hack. Also, the studio backdrop look on the back wall doesn't fit. Add in some dark trees and maybe a couple of bats flying around. deal.gif
  • D3SshooterD3Sshooter Registered Users Posts: 1,187 Major grins
    edited September 20, 2014
    Hackbone wrote: »
    Which came first, the title or the idea for the image, they don't seem to match. For me the overall brightness overpowers the candle. Shouldn't the lighting be more subdued to match what light emanates from the candle?

Thanks Hack, maybe she is walking just into the light from a dark past ? rolleyes1.gif This is just one of a series of spooky - gothic pictures. I could have called it whatever. Walking out of the dark, or whatever.rolleyes1.gif Sometimes titles are more abstract.
    i-36sT2Fd-L.jpg
  • D3SshooterD3Sshooter Registered Users Posts: 1,187 Major grins
    kdog wrote: »
    ^^ agree with Hack. Also, the studio backdrop look on the back wall doesn't fit. Add in some dark trees and maybe a couple of bats flying around. deal.gif

TXS KDOG, see comment with Hack... tree's , bats sure that is an option and can be done in post processing. Like the black bird in this picture..... Maybe I will do so....
    hallloween%20%2843%20of%2070%29-L.jpg
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    The last two are my favs. That is your work for sure.
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    Awesome! clap.gif
  • jonh68jonh68 Registered Users Posts: 2,711 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2014
    I think the lighting is TOO perfect for this kind of shot. These kind of themed atmosphere shots take me out of the fantasy when the light is obviously modified. I think they are better unmodified and coming from directions that would be natural to the environment. Take the one with the crow for example. Light would be coming from the top of the stairwell and then somewhere in the basement. The whole scene is well lit and takes out the mystery. Maybe backlit with a light source at the top and a snooted light source just on her face and eyes like old Hollywood movies would take up the mystery notch.