Options

A Few Posters

jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
edited October 3, 2014 in People
I guess I'll follow Hackbone's lead and put these here rather than in sports... try to imagine them without my watermark, c&c welcome, thanks!

carlisle2014-X3.jpg

dylanposter-X3.jpg

becker_poster-X3.jpg
-Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.

Comments

• Options
    Reflections By BrianReflections By Brian Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited September 28, 2014
    I like these. I especially like how the first one looks like the player is stepping right off the poster at you.
  • Options
    SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    Nice posters. The foot and glove in #1 and #2 are nice touches.
    My snaps can be found here:
    Unsharp at any Speed
  • Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    Very nice work. But that is alot of work finding shots of the same player when the darn numbers are obstructed. Drives me crazy. Laughing.gif.
  • Options
    Thanks all. Charles, the kids names is the BlairMdi font I was talking about.

It's amazing how many of the kids I have gotten to know or at least recognize by shooting this league over the years. If I really have no clue who a kid is, I look for the equipment they are using (cleats especially, then helmet, bat, socks, etc.), which usually forms a unique combination.
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • Options
    kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,274 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2014
    In general I don't care for this type of portrait, but these are wonderful!
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • Options
    thanks!
    -Jack

• Options
    Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
    Nice product simple clean and good looking. what size do you print these out
  • Options
    edited September 30, 2014
    Thanks. I have these in a gallery with a custom price list that starts at 11x14" and goes up. So whatever the customer wants from there, as long as it doesn't need cropping. #2 was a birthday present for my son's friend, I printed it 16x24", it came out great if I do say so myself. #3 was purchased at 16x24". This was purchased at 20x30".
    -Jack

• Options
    Aleksandar VasicAleksandar Vasic Registered Users Posts: 334 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2014
    :):):):):):))
  • Options
    BilsenBilsen Registered Users Posts: 2,143 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2014
    I Rarely comment on "kid cutes" but these (esp Dylan) are really nicely done.

As a baseball player/pitching coach, tell Patrick he needs to work on his mechanics. Laughing.gifOL
    Bilsen (the artist formerly known as John Galt NY)
    Canon 600D; Canon 1D Mk2;
    24-105 f4L IS; 70-200 f4L IS; 50mm 1.4; 28-75 f2.8; 55-250 IS; 580EX & (2) 430EX Flash,
    Model Galleries: http://bilsen.zenfolio.com/
    Everything Else: www.pbase.com/bilsen
  • Options
    edited October 3, 2014
    Haha, thanks. Patrick was playing shortstop in that picture, and had run in close to the pitcher's mound to field a grounder.
    -Jack