Jordan

jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
edited September 23, 2014 in People
Jordan's senior portrait. Neither he nor his parents had anything fancy in mind, so we did the standard stuff in his back yard. 1 is mostly retouched, the rest are not. C&C welcome, thanks for looking.

5D3_2300-X2.jpg

5D3_2296-X2.jpg

5D3_2306-X2.jpg

5D3_2261-X2.jpg

5 - His parents dragged out his GRANDFATHER's senior portrait to show me, so I insisted on getting this pic:
5D3_2309-X2.jpg
-Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.

Comments

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator
    edited September 21, 2014
    Uncanny likeness to his grandfather! Would be interesting to get him dressed in a similar outfit and comb his hair into that cowlick up front for an updated comparison.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • D3SshooterD3Sshooter Registered Users Posts: 1,187 Major grins
    Great set, lovely detail and colors....resemblance is so spot on that it is almost scary.
    A photographer without a style, is like a pub without beer
  • jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    Thanks. Yeah the cowlick would complete the look, but I gather from fb that he would need to use some product to achieve it, and so he doesn't.
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    That first photo is great. Just the right amount of relaxation. Nicely done.
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    These are very well done, Jack. I love the execution in #4, a seated shot, but you got down to his level and elevated him giving him strength rather than diminishing him. Even the ones where you've shot down at him are not excessively so and actually emphasize his broad shoulders. If it were me, I would touch up the zits though. They are ephemeral and only exist day-today, so aren't important to his identity.
  • alaiosalaios Registered Users Posts: 668 Major grins
    Last one very very good.
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    Great set especially the first 3. Love the attention to lighting patter on the face and use of bokeh.
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    1/5 for me. WOW he's a clone (he must get so sick of hearing that, poor kid rolleyes1.gif )
  • jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    Thanks all. It's nice to hear this from accomplished photographers from whom I have learned. So you can all pat yourselves on the back too. kdog, right, 2-5 are not retouched yet. 1 is. This was noted in the op. I was pleased with 4 too, especially since the pose was my idea, but I think 1 is my fav.
    -Jack

• HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    If you didn't pose him it gives credence to the adage that guys have to lean on something.
  • kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,274 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2014
    very nice, especially the first three.
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • StueveShotsStueveShots Registered Users Posts: 544 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2014
    #1 is great!