A child beach portrait

jonh68jonh68 Registered Users Posts: 2,711 Major grins
edited August 20, 2014 in People
This was taken with a fuji x100s and off camera flash through an umbrella.
p668586542-5.jpg

Comments

• D3SshooterD3Sshooter Registered Users Posts: 1,187 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2014
    Great capture Jon, I love the way the light sits…. Off-shoe is really a great way of using the flash.
    It creates a nice balance between light and shadows. The fact that you used a softbox on the flash makes it soft light, with a very nice transition between the light and shadow area's. All things that contribute to the mood and setting of the child in the picture. Sharpness could be a bit better on the eyes, but then again I am looking at a web based picture. Well done
    A photographer without a style, is like a pub without beer
  • jonh68jonh68 Registered Users Posts: 2,711 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2014
    Thanks, this is a cropped image and then it's a scaled down version for the web from that so that may be what you are seeing in regards to sharpness. I do confess that my eyes are getting worse so I probably need to get a eye exam!
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2014
    awesome light though the drop off is bit fast. The only thing is the crop..I want to the subject more centered.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • jonh68jonh68 Registered Users Posts: 2,711 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2014
    Qarik wrote: »
    awesome light though the drop off is bit fast. The only thing is the crop..I want to the subject more centered.

Thanks, light drops off but I'm not going to get too fancy on the beach with portable light and a kid that is constantly moving. I was lucky to get her to stand still anywhere near the light.

I played around with the crop but this was the most interesting one for me, with her body angled to the light and her eyes angled camera left.
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2014
    Momma and Dad are gonna love it!

Sam