Sign of photography obsession

NetterNetter Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
edited October 9, 2009 in The Big Picture
I apparently am starting to get an obsession with photography. Last night I was looking at a ton of different things regarding photography. I ended up having a dream that I posted one of my photos and one of the comments was that the grays were muddy for a black and white photo. What do I do this morning, work on that photo that was slightly muddy in tone. :huh:D

I don't know if this is a good sign or a bad sign of things to come!:rofl

Comments

• lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2009
    Netter,
    I'm with you--I am obsessed too.
    I can't watch a movie anymore without noticing certain scenes and commenting out loud "wow that would make a great shot". It's constant, I see photographic opportunities everywhere--even the news, lol.

So far the obsession has left my sleeping hours alone though. You are a step ahead of me, but there are worse addicitonsmwink.gif . So enjoy.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • NetterNetter Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
    edited October 1, 2009
    Netter,
    I'm with you--I am obsessed too.
    I can't watch a movie anymore without noticing certain scenes and commenting out loud "wow that would make a great shot". It's constant, I see photographic opportunities everywhere--even the news, lol.

So far the obsession has left my sleeping hours alone though. You are a step ahead of me, but there are worse addicitonsmwink.gif . So enjoy.

I usually dream about things at work (I am a nurse) so I always seem to have dreams about answering call lights, that I am sleeping at work, who is checking on the patients and then I wake up to sitting up in bed to go check on them. Annoying. At least this dream didn't leave me feeling more exhausted than when I went to bed.
    edited October 2, 2009
    Netter,
    I place the blame squarely on your shoulders!
    I had a photography dream last night (my first) probably because of our conversation yesterday.

I was looking out my window (in my dream) and there was a pink terrordactyl in the tree out front, just perched on top--I ran to get my camera and tried to get it to focus but it wouldn't! It just kept making the noise like it was trying to focus but it couldn't do it--So I flipped it to manual (my first time) and just as I was about to hit the shutter it flew away and I missed it, just a blurr in the shot---then to make things worse a pigeon took it's place and started laughing.

Analyze that! lol. All I could think of when I saw the terrordactyl was boy the people in the wildlife forum are never going to believe this.

Obsess much?
    Liz A.
    _________
  • NetterNetter Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
    edited October 4, 2009
    Netter,
    I place the blame squarely on your shoulders!
    Obsess much?
    :harry :photo blbl.gif
    he he!
    Glad I am not the only one!
  • KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2009
    HAHA! You guys are too funny!

Yeah, I'm obsessed too. The thing about movies - yeah... since I've started shooting I have much more respect for cinematographers and notice (and appreciate!) what they're trying to do a lot more.

My boyfriend is really good about it, though... last winter we were hiking in the mountains of N Georgia and it was pretty icy on some parts of the trail, and he goes: "So if I see you falling, I'm supposed to save the camera, right?" rolleyes1.gif Ah, I love him :)
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
    edited October 9, 2009
    Kinkajou wrote:
    HAHA! You guys are too funny!

Yeah, I'm obsessed too. The thing about movies - yeah... since I've started shooting I have much more respect for cinematographers and notice (and appreciate!) what they're trying to do a lot more.

My boyfriend is really good about it, though... last winter we were hiking in the mountains of N Georgia and it was pretty icy on some parts of the trail, and he goes: "So if I see you falling, I'm supposed to save the camera, right?" rolleyes1.gif Ah, I love him :)

Having a supportive significat other makes this obsession easier for certain. I get a few texts with "how's the lighting situation?"--it's great to have the support.

My pink terrordactyl dream came true last night:cry .
    Was at a funciton at Gracie Mansion (for Hispanic Heritage Month) and unfortunately I got there much later than I wanted 6:30 so the light was very low. So all these "suits" were there and way in back of the tent were about 10 marines in their dress blues looking sharp, they were enjoying their sangrias and having a nice time, a stark contrast between them and all the people "shmoozing"--

I get my camera up to my eye and I take the shot, except it doesn't take, it makes that sound like it's trying to focus but can't lock in. I switch settings, said to hell with it let me use flash--and the flash starts firing in bursts but won't take the shot--so now they notice me and they decide to pose for me--the crowd around them opens up, people are watching me and still I can't get the camera to take, now they are laughing good heartedly, I switch settings again. Finally I take one in B&W right as a man and woman step into the shot, blocking about 5 of the men. So very bummed. The original would have been such a sweet shot for the PJ forum---

PS--I agree I have a whole new appreciation for cinematography as well.
    Liz A.
    _________