www.anhtunguyen.com
https://www.facebook.com/AnhTuNguyen.Photography

14574063189_c5fb438510_z.jpg
Tale of the songless Swan
by Anh Tu Nguyen Photography, on Flickr

Comments

• MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2014
    I'm not a fan of the smoke on this one. It's just distracting and looks contrived to me like someone just walked around the set with a smoke bomb.

I think the crop should be a lot tighter. While the sky is nice and interesting, you have not really incorporated it with your subject.
  • D3SshooterD3Sshooter Registered Users Posts: 1,187 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2014
    Well , I guess there is taste and style in these shots. Unfortunately not mine. What doesn't main that they are bad pictures. A lot of time and effort was put in, and that alone deserves a " bravo ". Yet the composition looks so odd and strange, in the firts picture I can figure out where she really stands and I see so many residues of a photoshop process that was not 100%. Have a look at the end of the dress at the right bottom. The blue smoke just doesn't do it, I understand that you wanted some mystic look and yes smoke can work. But not in this picture. Secondly, you have a great model and concept, unfortunately the model is hardly visible. Where she should have been the attention puller. Now the eyes of the viewer are distracted and wonder over the picture, unable to hold the interest. The other parts like the smoke and nature are overwhelming in presence and do not help the model. Normally, and yes there are no rules in photography backgrounds and attributes contribute to a main subject, they are an aid to set the mood . I would love to see a crop on the model…. I sure we will be stunned.

Now the second shot: I do like the concept of guiding the eyes to the models face, you did this rater well. Whereby the eye rolls from the bottom over the dress to the models face. So far it works. And then it stops. The face is hardly visible, and lets me sit on my hunger . Colors and intensity are a taste, and in this picture it is bit over top for me.

Thanks for showing… and sorry if it is a bit harsh. But comments are given with good intentions and are only my personal view for whatever that is worth .
    A photographer without a style, is like a pub without beer
  • Anh Tu NguyenAnh Tu Nguyen Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
    edited August 19, 2014
    D3Sshooter wrote: »
    Well , I guess there is taste and style in these shots. Unfortunately not mine. What doesn't main that they are bad pictures. A lot of time and effort was put in, and that alone deserves a " bravo ". Yet the composition looks so odd and strange, in the firts picture I can figure out where she really stands and I see so many residues of a photoshop process that was not 100%. Have a look at the end of the dress at the right bottom. The blue smoke just doesn't do it, I understand that you wanted some mystic look and yes smoke can work. But not in this picture. Secondly, you have a great model and concept, unfortunately the model is hardly visible. Where she should have been the attention puller. Now the eyes of the viewer are distracted and wonder over the picture, unable to hold the interest. The other parts like the smoke and nature are overwhelming in presence and do not help the model. Normally, and yes there are no rules in photography backgrounds and attributes contribute to a main subject, they are an aid to set the mood . I would love to see a crop on the model…. I sure we will be stunned.

Now the second shot: I do like the concept of guiding the eyes to the models face, you did this rater well. Whereby the eye rolls from the bottom over the dress to the models face. So far it works. And then it stops. The face is hardly visible, and lets me sit on my hunger . Colors and intensity are a taste, and in this picture it is bit over top for me.

Thanks for showing… and sorry if it is a bit harsh. But comments are given with good intentions and are only my personal view for whatever that is worth .

Nope, i dont have any problem thumb.gif. Thanks for taking your time. I will notice what you said and apply selectively what suits me and what i don't want to change in the future. Cheers.
  • time2smiletime2smile Registered Users Posts: 835 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2014
    Very creative, I usually don't CC, cause I'm just an enthusiast,
    Love the first, but I would crop like one of those portraits you see in old mansions.
    The second, I like, very original, but the ruffles and dark spot block her face, and the upper half seem not to be finished. Maybe the moon and some birds flocking.

Your other flicker shots are pretty cool also....
    Ted....
    It's not what you look at that matters: Its what you see!
    Nikon
    http://www.time2smile.smugmug.com