Options

My First Blood Moon

JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins
edited April 16, 2014 in Landscapes
I managed to muster myself outta bed to capture the Blood Moon (result of full eclipse).

This is my first ever successful moon shoot session, so all of your comments and suggestions are more than appreciated, very much desired.

Enjoy!

IMG_8531-L.jpg

IMG_8552-L.jpg

IMG_8565-L.jpg

IMG_8610-L.jpg

IMG_8614-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2014
    Great stuff JBR! Centering is my only critique....
  • Options
    JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2014
    Thanks, Stumblebum!

I will admit...I didn't pay too much mind toward centering, but did try to at least keep it in the "mostly middle" area. lol I suppose I could've centered / cropped and made them better, but I was so excited to post them up for review that I just went right at it.

I know these images may not be as spectacular as some others featured on the forum, but I'm quite proud of myself on this set. These were all shot with a T3 sporting a Canon EF 75-300 f4.5...with a little scratch on the end glass. Also, the night air made it so that I had to wipe the lens right before the shot fired (set to delay to minimize shake), otherwise the lens would completely haze up within the 10sec countdown.

Looking forward to upgrading our gear soon, but in the meantime, I'm impressed with what images can come from the current equipment!
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2014
    Thanks, Stumblebum!

I will admit...I didn't pay too much mind toward centering, but did try to at least keep it in the "mostly middle" area. lol I suppose I could've centered / cropped and made them better, but I was so excited to post them up for review that I just went right at it.

I know these images may not be as spectacular as some others featured on the forum, but I'm quite proud of myself on this set. These were all shot with a T3 sporting a Canon EF 75-300 f4.5...with a little scratch on the end glass. Also, the night air made it so that I had to wipe the lens right before the shot fired (set to delay to minimize shake), otherwise the lens would completely haze up within the 10sec countdown.

Looking forward to upgrading our gear soon, but in the meantime, I'm impressed with what images can come from the current equipment!

They are indeed spectacular and quality is at or near the top of all the work put on display for the subject. It surely crushes the blur that I captured and tried to pass it off as moon.rolleyes1.gif

Sent you a PM. Cheers!