Engagment Shoot....

Tim KirkwoodTim Kirkwood Registered Users Posts: 900 Major grins
edited November 12, 2006 in Weddings
I had an Engagment shoot today with a young couple. They were alot of fun. I am shooting their wedding in May.

Would like it if some of you would take a few mins to look through the gallery.

http://kirkwoodphotography.smugmug.com/gallery/2097661/1/108249545/Large

Here is one sample:
108261031-L.jpg

Thanks Dgrin!

C&C is welcome

Tim
www.KirkwoodPhotography.com

Speak with sweet words, for you never know when you may have to eat them....

Comments

• JenGraceJenGrace Registered Users Posts: 1,229 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2006
    These are my favorites in your gallery are #20 and 24. They're a cute couple and it looks like they felt pretty comfortable around you. I noticed in some of the pics their skin has a VERY slight bluish/cyan tint. But I suppose that's better than having faces that match their sweaters. :D
    Jen

Gallery of mine...caution, it's under CONSTANT construction! | Photo Journal

In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary. ~Aaron Rose
  • Tim KirkwoodTim Kirkwood Registered Users Posts: 900 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2006
    JenW wrote:
    These are my favorites in your gallery are #20 and 24. They're a cute couple and it looks like they felt pretty comfortable around you. I noticed in some of the pics their skin has a VERY slight bluish/cyan tint. But I suppose that's better than having faces that match their sweaters. :D

Thanks Jen, I will look into the tint. I was trying to make sure that the red clothing did not reflect onto the skin to much, so maybe I over corrected in post.

Thanks for your comments.
    Tim

• JenGraceJenGrace Registered Users Posts: 1,229 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2006
    You're welcome. And I just noticed my very bad grammar up there. headscratch.gif
    Jen

Gallery of mine...caution, it's under CONSTANT construction! | Photo Journal

In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary. ~Aaron Rose
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2006
    Loved all the shots in the gallery! Very nice job. I have no real comments or corrections for you. Sorry! I am surprised that you didn't include at least one shot that featured the engagement ring. I saw it in a few of the shots, but none of them featured it. I thought that was a more-or-less traditional shot.

Your clients will be very pleased with them.
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2006
    i like the picture but their skin tones look like they have a lot of magenta.
    edited November 6, 2006
    Loved all the shots in the gallery! Very nice job. I have no real comments or corrections for you. Sorry! I am surprised that you didn't include at least one shot that featured the engagement ring. I saw it in a few of the shots, but none of them featured it. I thought that was a more-or-less traditional shot.

Your clients will be very pleased with them.

Thanks Scott!, As far as the ring shot, I will do that at the wedding, so I dont want to have duplicates more or less. Thanks for your comments.

Tim

edited November 6, 2006
    binghott wrote:
    i like the picture but their skin tones look like they have a lot of magenta.

Thanks for the comments Bing, the skin has some refeltion of their clothing in it. They both are pretty light skinned so I tried to correct it, but in some of the pictures their skin was getting to much of a blue cast, so I took the middle of the road I guess. I am still learning all the big secrets of Post processing.

Thanks!

Tim

edited November 6, 2006
    Just got an Email from the bride, such a sweet girl, thought I would share. Do alot of you guys get thank you notes from customers? I have gotten word of mouth praise from others but this is the first one to go out of her way to send a letter.
    I am more than happy with our pictures, they are more than I expected and I couldn’t be any happier. I am so thankful to have found the two of you. You both are the sweetest people, and you really made Mike and I feel very comfortable and relaxed with our pictures. When other photographers really tense people up and aren’t that pleasant to be around, the two of you made Sunday a very enjoyable day. I just want to thank you again for everything and for everything to come! I will most definitely recommend your photography to family and friends!! I can’t wait till the wedding!!!!

Tim

• OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2006
    Try this..

More red/less cyan
    Less magenta/more green
    Less blue/more yellow

:)
  • PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2006
    Hi, Tim
    Great Photos!
    I like #22 & #28 the BEST! bowdown.gif

Take Care,
    Charles Cassidy,
    http://www.modellocate.com/action/goto/uid=4447
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
    edited November 12, 2006
    Hi, Tim
    Great Photos!
    I like #22 & #28 the BEST! bowdown.gif

Take Care,
    Charles Cassidy,
    http://www.modellocate.com/action/goto/uid=4447

Thanks so much Charles....thumb.gif