Traveling Around the World for Two Years

EverythingEverywhereEverythingEverywhere Registered Users Posts: 91 Big grins
edited February 13, 2009 in Journeys
My name is Gary. I'm new to the forum.

For the last two years I've been traveling around the world. I started back in March of 2007 and have been on the road even since.

At the start of my trip I knew nothing of Photography. I purchased a camera which was over my head (Nikon D200) and have taken about 40,000 photos since then.

I've had to pleasure to do photography from helicopters, underwater in the Great Barrier Reef, on volcanoes and in temples.

Perhaps I'll get a chance to meet some of you as I pass through your town.
2014 Travel Photographer of the Year, Society of American Travel Writers
2013 & 2015 Travel Photographer of the Year, North American Travel Journalists Association

Facebook | Travel Blog | Travel Photography | Instagram | Google+

Comments

• Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2009
    I hope we do!

Its great to see the world through other people's eyes! thumb.gif

Looking forward to them photos! (but i can imagine you have some sorting and pp to do rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif )
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com
  • EverythingEverywhereEverythingEverywhere Registered Users Posts: 91 Big grins
    edited February 12, 2009
    I hope we do!

Its great to see the world through other people's eyes! thumb.gif

Looking forward to them photos! (but i can imagine you have some sorting and pp to do rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif )

I do processing as I go. I probably have about 4,000 photos on my site.

I have 2, 300gb external hard drives I carry with me as backup and mirror each drive so they are redundant.

I have a MacBook Pro I use for Photoshop and video editing.

Uploading photos from the road can be a real pain.
    2013 & 2015 Travel Photographer of the Year, North American Travel Journalists Association

• DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited February 12, 2009
    Hi Gary, welcome to Dgrin!

Cool background, but ee'd love to see some photos and hear the story behind them- remember, that's what this particular forum, Journeys, is all about!
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

edited February 13, 2009
    Orphan-6-Phnom-Penh-Cambodia.jpg

I took this photo at an orphanage in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. This girl was probably about 3-4 years old. I have no idea why she was wearing a dress as none of the other kids were.

edited February 13, 2009
    Workers-at-Night-Rennell-Island-Solomon-Islands.jpg

These are some workers enjoying the evening by lantern light on the island of Rennell in the Solomon Islands.

edited February 13, 2009
    2276124914_ebbbb945b5_o.jpg

This is a high dynamic range photo of Mount Bromo, Indonesia taken after sunrise. It was very cloudy that morning the different layers of clouds and the steam plume gave it a very "Mount Doom" feel.

edited February 13, 2009
    Southern-Cross-and-Plam-Tree-Savaii-Samoa.jpg
    A 30 sec exposure of the Southen Cross and a palm tree in Samoa.

edited February 13, 2009
    Maoi-at-Rano-Raraku-crater-Easter-Island.jpg
    Maoi and wildflowers in the Rano Raraku crater on Easter Island. This is quarry where the maoi were carved. These were never moved.

edited February 13, 2009
    Hobart-from-Mount-Wellington-4-Tasmania-Australia.jpg
    Sun over Hobart, Australia on a foggy day.

edited February 13, 2009
    Jellyfish-Lake-Palau.jpg
    Jellyfish lake in Palau. This was taken with a rental point and shoot camera with an underwater case.