Tonights full moon

Don KondraDon Kondra Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
edited May 8, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Greetings,

On the way to bed tonight I noticed I had a clear shot of the moon off my front deck.

Minutes later the temperature had dropped below freezing and the moon was obscured....

50-200mm + ec 14, no resizing just cropped from raw.

FullMoon.jpg

Cheers, Don

Comments

• Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2009
    Nice and clear....and shot with an OLY!!!
    thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumbthumb.gifbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gif
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• rhondavidrhondavid Registered Users Posts: 433 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2009
    Great shot. I wanted to get out and take some pictures of the moon last night but got distracted and forgot all about it. Glad you were able to get this beautiful shot. Thanks for sharing
    David

D40
    18 - 55 kit lens
    55- 200 VR kit lens
    Lots of desires
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited May 8, 2009
    Nice moon shot. Not quite full I don't think.

Your sig line caught my eye, being I've done some hobby woodworking, so I checked out your profile. I like your stuff. Very Krenovian, if you don't mind me saying.

I remember seeing this one when it was published in FWW.
    WalnutCurlyMapleSideTable.jpg

It fairly stunned me seeing as how I'd built this one some number of years earlier (actually it was the first nice piece of furniture I built). Even the photography is similar. eek7.gif
    hall_table_corner.jpg

My top is goncalo alves. Obviously, you put a lot more care into the shaping of the legs than I did, you used a nicer piece of maple, and I like the backbevel on your top. :D Actually, these were the first tapered legs I'd done. (I still haven't mastered curves. :giggle). But the similarities in the choice of wood and proportions really caught my eye.

Sorry for hijacking your thread, but it's nice to have a celebrity woodworker in our midst. bowdown.gif

Cheers,
    -joel
  • Don KondraDon Kondra Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2009
    Thanks Joel,

I believe that table was made in 1998, it takes a while from submission to the magazine to actually being published.

Photo credit on that image goes to Grant Kernan of AK Photo's/Digimagic who is now working/living on Vancouver Island, Cowichan Bay, B.C.

Cheers, Don