Options

Refine results not working

SophieWSophieW Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited August 13, 2015 in SmugMug Support
I have been trying to restrict my search results by image resolution, so I checked the "at least 20 Mpix" option. But the images it finds are certainly not of this size. Many of them only have only an X2-Large as the maximum size and are certainly nowehere near 20 megapixels.

Anyone know why this feature doesn't work?

Comments

• Options
    Hero AmandaHero Amanda Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
    edited August 12, 2015
    Hello SophieW,

When you refine the search results by resolution, it's going off of the resolution of the original image, not the size of the display image. This is to help people know how large they can be printed, or how large a download purchase would be.

If there's anything else we can help you with, just let us know!
    All The Best,
    Amanda
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited August 12, 2015
    Hello SophieW,

When you refine the search results by resolution, it's going off of the resolution of the original image, not the size of the display image. This is to help people know how large they can be printed, or how large a download purchase would be.

If there's anything else we can help you with, just let us know!

Ah, I didn't realise that. Is there any way to search for the display resolution?
  • Options
    Hero AmandaHero Amanda Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
    edited August 13, 2015
    SophieW wrote: »
    Ah, I didn't realise that. Is there any way to search for the display resolution?

Unfortunately, there isn't at this time. The resolution filters will only use the original images in the results.
    All The Best,
    Amanda
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited August 13, 2015
    thank you