FS: Vivitar Series 1 90mm f/2.5 Macro for Minolta MD

kyleforniakylefornia Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
edited May 5, 2010 in The Other Guys
I don't have much use for this lens and it has just been sitting around so I thought I'd see what I can get for it. It's a beautiful lens with all metal housing. The wide aperture is very useful and this lens is sharper than any other manual lens I've ever used (of course I haven't had a chance to get my hands on any Zeiss glass so I guess that statement is relative). It is in excellent condition with no scratches or fungus and a very rugged build that in my opinion would be hard to damage. Includes back lens cap and Macro Adapter with front and back lens caps. I'm asking $125 shipped to lower 48 and paypalled or best offer.
5d mkii | 50mm ƒ/1.8 | 75-300mm ƒ/4-5.6 ii | Minolta MD primes with EOS adaptor | Several various speedlights | 2x PW Plus ii's 2x PW Plus'

[revivalist photography]

Comments

• HiepphotogHiepphotog Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited August 31, 2009
    I used to have this lens on OM mount. The lens is very sharp, comparable to my Voigtlander 125 macro. I sold it back then since I had the Voigtlander. But now I switch to Sony and I just miss these two fine macros. Why does it have to be MD and not Alpha mount? Oh well, old lenses are not an option for Alpha without mod.
  • kyleforniakylefornia Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited February 23, 2010
    Price drop
    Price dropped to $125.
    5d mkii | 50mm ƒ/1.8 | 75-300mm ƒ/4-5.6 ii | Minolta MD primes with EOS adaptor | Several various speedlights | 2x PW Plus ii's 2x PW Plus'

[revivalist photography]
  • kkartkkart Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2010
    Hiepphotog wrote:
    I used to have this lens on OM mount. The lens is very sharp, comparable to my Voigtlander 125 macro. I sold it back then since I had the Voigtlander. But now I switch to Sony and I just miss these two fine macros. Why does it have to be MD and not Alpha mount? Oh well, old lenses are not an option for Alpha without mod.

MD/MA adapter would cure that problem, who shoots with AF when doing Macros anyhow? lol
    "Capturing Colorado, one click at a time"
    website | photoblog | facebook | twitter | deviantArt | RedBubble
  • JonWJonW Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited March 13, 2010
    Ignored
    I will never understand why someone would post an item for sale then ignore people who want to buy the item !!!
  • pwnguinpwnguin Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited April 30, 2010
    just talked with the OP. Think he's gonna withdraw the sale
  • JonWJonW Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited May 5, 2010
    pwnguin wrote: »
    just talked with the OP. Think he's gonna withdraw the sale

He might as well, he doesn't return messages. People like him make legit sellers look bad !