how to make only one gallery forced journal style.

JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
edited March 10, 2009 in SmugMug Support
I did a search but none of them seem to answer my question. Is there a way to only have 1 gallery in the forced journal style without changing all my galleries to forced journal? Usually I have them on smugmug style and let the viewer choose what they want to see. But I recently made a picture blog type thing and forced the journal style in customize gallery. I thought that when you do something in customize gallery it applied only to the gallery you are customizing. Like prices or watermarking are.

So...am I missing something? Can I make only the one gallery into Journal and the rest be smugmug with viewer option?

Here is the journal gallery http://jagcreations.smugmug.com/gallery/7561517_u8dHY

Comments

• jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2009
    You go to customize gallery for that gallery and instead of Viewer Controlled, you pick the Journal style.

2009-03-10_1518.png
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited March 10, 2009
    Thats what I had done John and it changed ALL my galleries to journal style. I only wanted the one gallery changed. Thanks for suggesting though. I am still not understanding how to make just one gallery change.

EDIT....
    ok for some reason before it had changed all the galleries...now they are all back to normal. Not sure what happened but you all can forget this question. The feature is now working. Must have been a glitch or maybe I needed to look at it in a new window. Thanks.
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2009
    JAG wrote:
    Thats what I had done John and it changed ALL my galleries to journal style. I only wanted the one gallery changed. Thanks for suggesting though. I am still not understanding how to make just one gallery change.
    When a gallery is set to viewer controlled, it starts out in the last gallery style that the viewer selected (saved in a cookie), but lets the viewer pick the style they want.

When a gallery is locked to a style, it is always in that style with no viewer choice.

Lock that one to journal, then if your other galleries look like they are in journal, set one back to Smugmug and they will all then be in Smugmug style. I personally hate the way this works in Smugmug because it confuses the hell out of people like us, but it is what it is so that's how you deal with it. Smugmug just remembers the last style you manually picked and applies that to other galleries that are viewer controlled as the starting point. Fortunately, This probably won't happen to your viewers unless they are fiddling with the gallery style themselves.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question