Past Present Future

rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
edited May 8, 2012 in Street and Documentary
i-95fZfG4-XL.jpg

I shot this today for the current Mini Challenge #141. Reposting here.

Comments

• michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2012
    Rainbow, just wanted to say: That's not trick photography, just good photography.
  • Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2012
    This is just crazy interesting. Did you wait for this or just happen upon it? It's not really an image with a profound message of any kind, at least to me, but it is a gorgeous example of the photographer creating a fantasy in the image using only the world before him.

thumb.gif
  • lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2012
    I agree with all of the above,I especially like the expression of the person on the right . Excellent work !
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2012
    This is pretty cool Rainbow. It's funny my immediate reaction to the shot was composite, then I remembered I was in street and that it was yours :)
    So I have to ask, did you "see" this as you took it or did you only realize when you were working on the images back home (that happens to me quite often).
    Liz A.
    _________
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2012
    michswiss wrote: »
    Rainbow, just wanted to say: That's not trick photography, just good photography.

Thank you! I consider it high praise from you and appreciate the follow through on looking at the MC.

(For those unfamiliar, this MC is to capture a "trick photo" in a single frame without using post-processing tools for the effect.)
    edited May 7, 2012
    Quincy T wrote: »
    This is just crazy interesting. Did you wait for this or just happen upon it? It's not really an image with a profound message of any kind, at least to me, but it is a gorgeous example of the photographer creating a fantasy in the image using only the world before him.

thumb.gif
    lensmole wrote: »
    I agree with all of the above,I especially like the expression of the person on the right . Excellent work !

Thanks for looking and commenting! I was chasing this as a "reflection shot" and did wait for the expression of the middle face. The rest has some luck to it as well. I believe the woman on the right is looking at my reflection straight into the lens.
    edited May 7, 2012
    This is pretty cool Rainbow. It's funny my immediate reaction to the shot was composite, then I remembered I was in street and that it was yours :)
    So I have to ask, did you "see" this as you took it or did you only realize when you were working on the images back home (that happens to me quite often).

Thanks for realizing that I would not kneel so low as to post a composite... mwink.gif

So the planned part of the photo was the middle face inside the store. I discovered that her face would quickly disappear completely if the focus were off due to the strong outside reflection. So I switched to manual focus and waited (and moved) to get her expression as seen. The other two are the serendipitous delight that I experienced on viewing at home (like for you, this occurs often in street as I am so locked in on my subject while life occurs around us... :ivar)
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2012
    Well done, this should fare pretty well in the competition

Good luck
    Rags
    edited May 8, 2012
    torags wrote: »
    Well done, this should fare pretty well in the competition

Good luck

Thanks!
  • damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins