Photo session

XO-StudiosXO-Studios Registered Users Posts: 457 Major grins
edited July 11, 2005 in People
26097921-L.jpg

Picture done in the beginning of my first indoor home studio (2 strobes, seamless paper backdrop) photoshoot.

Looking forward to your input

XO,
You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
Mark Twain

Some times I get lucky and when that happens I show the results here: http://www.xo-studios.com

Comments

• david_hdavid_h Registered Users Posts: 463 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2005
    Pretty good, XO. You have any more?

There are a couple of things I'd do to this one:

1. I've never made up my mind as to whether more than one catchlight per eye is a good thing. In this case, I'd probably clone one of them out.

2. I struggle with shiney lipgloss as well. My wife does hair and makeup for weddings and shows and she puts some powdery stuff over the gloss to tone down the shine a bit. I'd be inclined to set the clone tool to darken and just take the edge off those highlight.

I like your lighting, what strobes did you buy?
  • XO-StudiosXO-Studios Registered Users Posts: 457 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2005
    david_h wrote:
    Pretty good, XO. You have any more?

There are a couple of things I'd do to this one:

1. I've never made up my mind as to whether more than one catchlight per eye is a good thing. In this case, I'd probably clone one of them out.

2. I struggle with shiney lipgloss as well. My wife does hair and makeup for weddings and shows and she puts some powdery stuff over the gloss to tone down the shine a bit. I'd be inclined to set the clone tool to darken and just take the edge off those highlight.

I like your lighting, what strobes did you buy?
    THX.

I am somewhat partial to the 10 and 2 o'clock catchlights, but I will try cloning one out.

The highlights on the lips, I know, I saw the same afterwards.

I end up purchasing two used White Lightning Ultra 1200 and some additional gear as described here: http://www.dgrin.com/showpost.php?p=112213&postcount=45

I am very pleased with safe for one thing (Neutral density lens on the to purchase list) I have TOO MUCH light, but that is easily solved. But yes even at 1/32 I still have oodles of light.

THX

XO,

ps. more from this session coming up, don't want to manipulate the forum.
    You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
    Mark Twain

Some times I get lucky and when that happens I show the results here: http://www.xo-studios.com
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2005
    Hi XO,

Nice shot, I like your black and white conversion. I agree re the lip gloss and also noticed a couple of mascara blotches the could be cloned out. Also seems to be some skin discoloration around the chin and side of her face. I like the catch lights myself.. nice eyes.