Links to unlisted galleries appearing in public galleries

aerialphotoaerialphoto Registered Users Posts: 299 Major grins
edited August 2, 2013 in Bug Reporting
I mentioned this here, I'm putting the topic here as a bug.

Here's the scenario: some of us have unlisted galleries that have content we want to selectively make available to smart galleries, external links, and those to whom we give a URL. Legacy SM would keep those images and galleries unlisted in smart galleries (contrary to the response we received in the above thread).

Here's an example of what shows up under a Legacy-SM smart gallery image:
unlogged.jpg

When logged-in though, owners have a link to the original gallery with emphasis that it's for the owners "eyes only" (again, contrary to the response we received in the previous thread):
fyeo.jpg

The New Smugmug apparently works differently and puts a link to the hidden gallery under each image, somewhat defeating the usefulness of the unlisted galleries (at least the way I use them). Here's what a preview of one of my smart galleries looks like, the last line is a link to the hidden gallery:
notfyeo.jpg

Unfortunately - and in large part to this bug - I'm not prepared to unveil my "new" site, so I can't confirm that these links are actually showing up to the general public. Based on the wording of the link (ie: the lack of the "for your eyes only") I assume they're publicly viewable/clickable links.

At this point I'm considering this a pretty major security bug or - at the very least - pretty undesirable behavior if it can't be controlled.

Comments