Deleting photos

bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
edited October 5, 2011 in Bug Reporting
Trying to delete some photos. The images aren't showing but their place is still there in the gallery and the number of "images" listed at the top still show the same number as before I deleted them. What is up. Multiple galleries I have deleted multiple images 27 images from 4 similar galleries, so 108 images total.

I used the multiple image delete tool, the single image delete tool works fine. I just don't want to have to make 108 individual deletions of the blank image place holders left over.
"A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me

Comments

• bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2011
    Well just as I finish typing, two of the four galleries blank image holders disappeared, but the other two galleries haven't changed yet. Maybe they will. But it definitely is slow, not instantly like in the past.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me
  • TheOnlookerTheOnlooker Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2011
    bham wrote: »
    Well just as I finish typing, two of the four galleries blank image holders disappeared, but the other two galleries haven't changed yet. Maybe they will. But it definitely is slow, not instantly like in the past.

If possible can we get a link to the galleries? I tried testing this and was unable to reproduce, sorry...

-Kevin
    edited October 4, 2011
    edited October 4, 2011
    edited October 4, 2011

I have paged through all pages in both galleries and am not seeing the same thing. As far as I can see, both galleries have 173 photos in them and neither are showing any blank images.

Please try clearing your browser cache, refresh the page and let us know how that works out for you.

-Kevin
    edited October 4, 2011
    Did both, closed browser reopened and still same. I have open other tabs and deleted photos, most worked except the new individual photo that I posted a link to above.
    edited October 4, 2011
    Well now the individual photo is deleted.
    edited October 4, 2011
    Let me try a different browser and see if that helps. Maybe its my firefox fing things up.
    edited October 4, 2011
    Opened IE browser to same page and the exact same thing. The last two pages of photos are missing, but the space is there for them.
    edited October 4, 2011
    Please try accessing the gallery using this link:

http://www.snapsterfoto.com/College/BSC/Not-Block-Party-no-border/19231077_d4nDdn/1500797458_HW5rVhq/1500797458_HW5rVhq/1500797458_HW5rVhq#1500795270_kc5hfrQ

If that is still giving you the same results, make sure you have cleared your cache. I have had a few other heroes check this out and we are not seeing any image place holders.
    edited October 4, 2011
    That link doesn't take me to the same gallery.

This isn't happening in any gallery except the one where I selected the bulk image delete and the images I selected to delete are gone but there place is still there.
    edited October 4, 2011
    I just pulled it up on a different computer and am getting the same thing. Can't be browser or cache.
    edited October 4, 2011
    Wow, 3 hours later and no clue.
    edited October 4, 2011
    Wow, 3 hours later and no clue.

Sorry this is still happening. Can we have you email the desk please? You can write us at http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/emails/new

Thanks!
  • LindyLindy Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2011
    It looks like we found a way to solve the problem with these unwanted images. If you run into more that you can't fix, please email us with the specifics, and we'll get it handled for you.

Thanks for your patience!
    Lindy