Options

Mobile View Bug Viewing Individual Images

RandybrRandybr Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
edited September 30, 2011 in Bug Reporting
Following up to another post I made earlier, we discovered a bug in the Mobile View. Trying to view specific images in mobile view comes up blank.

Here are details:

Steps to Repro:
- Navigate to following URL: http://lilac.smugmug.com/m
- Click on any gallery to bring up Thumbnails view
- Click on any of the Thumbnails

Observed: The screen is blank except for arrow keys. Clicking on arrow key (or refreshing page) does not display image either.

Expected: Image to appear and arrow keys to navigate between images.

Notes: I verified this on my iPhone4 as well as Macbook Pro with latest Safari, Firefox and Chrome browsers.

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2011
    I went to your site and all seemed well in the mobile view. Can you try again?

20110825-t9n4bd4r65j9xu7axf1ngnbur3.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 25, 2011
    Andy wrote: »
    I went to your site and all seemed well in the mobile view. Can you try again?

20110825-t9n4bd4r65j9xu7axf1ngnbur3.jpg

OK. Just ran some more scenarios:

- iPad2: all works fine
    - iPhone4: fails, but I should have noted running iOS5 beta. Tested on Atomic browser also which fails too
    - Macbook Pro (w/Lion): fails on Safari, Firefox and Chrome

It seems that the issue is related to some update in Lion (which also got passed onto new iOS5). If you can access a Mac running Lion, I would suspect you be able to see bug. I should say that the arrows appear at top of page if there is no image, and at the bottom if image displays.

I've been having trouble accessing mobile in the past 20 minutes so not sure if someone is looking into this.

BTW, it would be nice to have a setting to control the resolution of images displayed in Mobile view. It appears that the default is X3 so there is a noticeable delay navigating between images in Mobile view.
  • Options
    edited September 7, 2011
    Hi Andy - just wanted to follow up to see if you guys were able to verify this bug. It is easy to do so using any browser (e.g., Safari) with Mac OSX Lion. I believe it is an issue with SmugMug mobile working on the Lion OS. Hopefully, there might be a solution available soon.

Thanks....Randy
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2011
    Randybr wrote: »
    Hi Andy - just wanted to follow up to see if you guys were able to verify this bug. It is easy to do so using any browser (e.g., Safari) with Mac OSX Lion. I believe it is an issue with SmugMug mobile working on the Lion OS. Hopefully, there might be a solution available soon.

Thanks....Randy

Randy, the /m links work perfectly in the iPhone browser - have you tried it there? I just went to your site and your galleries and photos are showing up perfectly :)
  • Options
    MSkaffariMSkaffari Registered Users Posts: 147 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2011
    Randybr wrote: »

Thanks....Randy

Replicated this with Chrome on Lion. Works OK for me on iPhone4. We will investigate.
  • Options
    edited September 8, 2011
    MSkaffari wrote: »
    Replicated this with Chrome on Lion. Works OK for me on iPhone4. We will investigate.

Thanks for following up on the this. The reason it is not working on my iPhone is that I have iOS5 beta, which likely has code related to the issue in Lion. I assume that once iOS5 goes public in another month or two, you will have more complaints on this. So probably good to try and tackle issue early to avoid the future support calls.

Randy
  • Options
    reelsidereelside Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited September 28, 2011
    I am using BB os6 and had the same problem. I could no longer view individual photos from mobile view. What I found was that only galleries that were right-click protected would allow me to view individual photos in mobile view. This was never a problem with the previous BB os. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    MSkaffariMSkaffari Registered Users Posts: 147 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2011
    reelside wrote: »
    I am using BB os6 and had the same problem. I could no longer view individual photos from mobile view. What I found was that only galleries that were right-click protected would allow me to view individual photos in mobile view. This was never a problem with the previous BB os. Hope this helps.

Good find. I also verified this functionality and this definitely gives our engineers a good starting point for fixes. thumb.gif