Options

Is it possible to change container height?

rvrkidsrvrkids Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
edited March 8, 2015 in SmugMug Customization
I have finally figured out that 2 containers next to each other adopt the same height. I have a large photo on the left side of my screen and I want a title and text on the right side of the photo....is there a way to put both title and text containers on the right side of my photo and have the title and text equal the height of the photo? Right now, the text container equals the photo height and my title is above the photo and the text....it just looks weird.

I do have stretch on but I think I need that on.

Please help.

Thank You in advance.
karenmclaughlinphoto.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2015
    Use an html container next to the photo container. You can format the title and text and even
    add borders to look like two vertical containers.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    rvrkidsrvrkids Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited March 1, 2015
    Allen wrote: »
    Use an html container next to the photo container. You can format the title and text and even
    add borders to look like two vertical containers.

Thanks I will give that a try.
    karenmclaughlinphoto.smugmug.com
  • Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2015
    rvrkids wrote: »
    I have finally figured out that 2 containers next to each other adopt the same height. I have a large photo on the left side of my screen and I want a title and text on the right side of the photo....is there a way to put both title and text containers on the right side of my photo and have the title and text equal the height of the photo? Right now, the text container equals the photo height and my title is above the photo and the text....it just looks weird.

I do have stretch on but I think I need that on.

Please help.

Thank You in advance.

If Allen's tweak isn't an option, you can insert a negative margin for the block you need to move up. I have an example here: http://www.joinrats.com/Intros/NormalAgonisticBehavior/

To do this you change the margin in the triangle icon of the block (not inside html code directly).
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2015
    I added a large photo with one html box to the right of it on my test page.
    I put the title and text in the one html box. All this can be formatted how ever you want.
    Just below breadcrumb.
    http://www.photosbyat.com/Test-old-journal/n-nF9zb
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog