"Buy: This Photo" issue

DblDbl Registered Users Posts: 230 Major grins
edited February 4, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I am having the same issue as dogwood was. My partner can't buy a single photo from her computer, the cart keeps showing up as empty. Mine shows up but it shows up at my portfolio price not the smugmug cost. I am logged in shouldn't my cart price reflect the cost, not the price I set?
Dan

Canon Gear

Comments

• Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited January 22, 2007
    Dbl wrote:
    I am having the same issue as dogwood was. My partner can't buy a single photo from her computer, the cart keeps showing up as empty. Mine shows up but it shows up at my portfolio price not the smugmug cost. I am logged in shouldn't my cart price reflect the cost, not the price I set?

Hi Dbl,
    You need to view your pricing when logged OUT. Otherwise you will see default pricing, which we charge you when you order from your own Pro site.

Please have your friend make sure she is not blocking cookies. Empty carts are almost always cookie related. Please have her click on the green link, for whatever browser she is using, on this page.

http://www.smugmug.com/help/cookies

If this doesn't help, let us know.

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • DblDbl Registered Users Posts: 230 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2007
    Hi Dbl,
    You need to view your pricing when logged OUT. Otherwise you will see default pricing, which we charge you when you order from your own Pro site.

Please have your friend make sure she is not blocking cookies. Empty carts are almost always cookie related. Please have her click on the green link, for whatever browser she is using, on this page.

http://www.smugmug.com/help/cookies

If this doesn't help, let us know.

Steve

You've miss-read my post Steve, When logged IN I am NOT seeing the default pricing. So if I place an order I am being charged the same price as my customers. My business partner has had no issues with the shopping cart and cookies until today. Sorry that did not fix the problem. This has me more than concerned with customers trying to order prints.
    Dan

Canon Gear
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited January 22, 2007
    Dbl wrote:
    You've miss-read my post Steve, When logged IN I am NOT seeing the default pricing. So if I place an order I am being charged the same price as my customers. My business partner has had no issues with the shopping cart and cookies until today. Sorry that did not fix the problem. This has me more than concerned with customers trying to order prints.

You are right. This very odd. Please contact our help desk and they will investigate. For some reason your site is coming up very slowly too.

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2007
    Dbl wrote:
    DBL, can we have a direct link to the gallery where you see this?

Thanks!
    edited January 22, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    DBL, can we have a direct link to the gallery where you see this?

Thanks!

Sure, doesn't seem to matter which one I pick but here is the one I just used. I agree with Steve, my site seems to be very slow all of a sudden. It would appear that when logged in and adding the photo to the shopping cart that when I view the cart I can see the login button at the top of the cart. Is it somehow dropping my login when I go to the cart?

As a matter of fact that is what is going on. It is dropping the login when viewing the cart. I used the login at the top of the cart and it now shows the default pricing. I have never had that issue in the past.

http://www.prepsportography.com/gallery/2372709#124461534
    Dan

Canon Gear
    edited January 22, 2007
    Andy I've got to run to a shoot but will check back latter. I just verified with my business partner that she still can't add a single photo to her shopping cart, so that issue is still out there.

I don't know why the login is being dropped when viewing the shopping cart but that seems to be a gremlin that just appeared. I will check in later. Thanks again for your efforts and good luck.

Dan
    Dan

Canon Gear
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,007 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2007
    Dbl wrote:
    Andy I've got to run to a shoot but will check back latter. I just verified with my business partner that she still can't add a single photo to her shopping cart, so that issue is still out there.

I don't know why the login is being dropped when viewing the shopping cart but that seems to be a gremlin that just appeared. I will check in later. Thanks again for your efforts and good luck.

Dan
    Check to make sure you're not logging with the guess password.
    AL
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
    edited January 22, 2007
    Dbl wrote:
    Sure, doesn't seem to matter which one I pick but here is the one I just used. I agree with Steve, my site seems to be very slow all of a sudden. It would appear that when logged in and adding the photo to the shopping cart that when I view the cart I can see the login button at the top of the cart. Is it somehow dropping my login when I go to the cart?

As a matter of fact that is what is going on. It is dropping the login when viewing the cart. I used the login at the top of the cart and it now shows the default pricing. I have never had that issue in the past.

http://www.prepsportography.com/gallery/2372709#124461534
    Hi,
    Can you please confirm the browser you are using, and the cookies settings you have.

I can't recreate your behavior.... thanks.
  • getnoutsidegetnoutside Registered Users Posts: 87 Big grins
    edited January 22, 2007
    "Buy: This Photo" issue
    If I choose "Buy: This Photo" nothing is placed in my shopping cart. "Buy: Multiple Photos" still works.
    edited January 22, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Hi,
    Can you please confirm the browser you are using, and the cookies settings you have.

I can't recreate your behavior.... thanks.

Just returned back and lo and behold everything is working again. I experienced the problem for your info with IE7, medium high security settings, with privacy settings set to allow all cookies from that site. I just checked Firefox and it is now working as well. A minor upgrade glitch?

My business partner is still experiencing the add photo but an empty cart on one computer but the other is working fine. Running IE7 with all the same settings mentioned above. Nothing has been changed in weeks on these computers except the smugmug interface.

I am still concerned there may some cart issues considering my experience and dogwood's in another thread. I am confident that these "glitches" will disappear in the next few days and all will be back to normal. I just hope my customers are as confident IF they encounter the same problems.

Thanks again,

Dan
    Dan

Canon Gear
  • SunGloSunGlo Registered Users Posts: 382 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2007
    If I choose "Buy: This Photo" nothing is placed in my shopping cart. "Buy: Multiple Photos" still works.

I'm seeing the same problem. I checked several of my galleries with the same result.

When you click buy this photo, a window extends down in the upper left screen saying "adding to cart" then changing to "added to cart". At that point if you open the cart it indicates the cart is empty.

I have to assume that this means my customers CANNOT purchase images from any of my galleries???

www.sunglo.smugmug.com
    www.sunglophoto.com
    SunGlo Photography
    www.sunglophoto.com
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  • DodgeV83DodgeV83 Registered Users Posts: 379 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2007
    SunGlo wrote:
    I'm seeing the same problem. I checked several of my galleries with the same result.

When you click buy this photo, a window extends down in the upper left screen saying "adding to cart" then changing to "added to cart". At that point if you open the cart it indicates the cart is empty.

I have to assume that this means my customers CANNOT purchase images from any of my galleries???

www.sunglo.smugmug.com
    www.sunglophoto.com

I just tried purchasing from Moonriverphotography.com on IE6 and had the same result

http://www.moonriverphotography.com/gallery/52248#32115775

Can't purchase pictures! :confused
    edited January 22, 2007
    DodgeV83 wrote:
    I just tried purchasing from Moonriverphotography.com on IE6 and had the same result

http://www.moonriverphotography.com/gallery/52248#32115775

Can't purchase pictures! :confused
    please close and reopent browsers, just confirmed again, working in ie6, my site.
    edited January 22, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    please close and reopent browsers, just confirmed again, working in ie6, my site.

Andy,

I closed my browser and went back to check my site again, but can't gain access to it or smugmug.com. It appears it bit the dust.

www.sunglo.smugmug.com
    www.sunglophoto.com
    SunGlo Photography
    www.sunglophoto.com
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    edited January 22, 2007
    SunGlo wrote:
    Andy,

I closed my browser and went back to check my site again, but can't gain access to it or smugmug.com. It appears it bit the dust.

www.sunglo.smugmug.com
    www.sunglophoto.com
    try again...
    edited January 22, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    try again...

Looks like everthing is back up and buy the photo is now working via www.sunglo.smugmug.com. However, it is not working via www.sunglophoto.com my cobranded link. It doesn't make any difference if I am logged in or out. All was working prior to the ugrade.
    SunGlo Photography
    www.sunglophoto.com
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited January 22, 2007
    there is indeed something weird going on.

I've tried several smugmug sites including DBL, Steve's, Andy's, Dogwood...

Steve's site I can successfully add a photo to my cart but not so with Andy and the others.
    edited January 22, 2007
    Angelo wrote:
    there is indeed something weird going on.

I've tried several smugmug sites including DBL, Steve's, Andy's, Dogwood...

Steve's site I can successfully add a photo to my cart but not so with Andy and the others.

Thanks Angelo for checking that for me and verifying the problem. I do have a couple of customers that are telling me we are having issues.

Dan
    Dan

Canon Gear
  • DodgeV83DodgeV83 Registered Users Posts: 379 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2007
    I was able to add to cart from www.sunglo.smugmug.com

but still not moonriverphotography or my own site...

Edit: http://www.sdrimages.com/ isn't working for me either
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator
    edited January 23, 2007
    Might be a few hours for the SM gurus to return. They've had a full day with the new rollout and all.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
    edited January 23, 2007
    SunGlo wrote:
    Looks like everthing is back up and buy the photo is now working via www.sunglo.smugmug.com. However, it is not working via www.sunglophoto.com my cobranded link. It doesn't make any difference if I am logged in or out. All was working prior to the ugrade.

Are we getting any closer to fixing this bug. www.sunglophoto.com is my main customer access and this is my busy time of the year.

www.sunglo.smugmug.com
    www.sunglophoto.com
    SunGlo Photography
    www.sunglophoto.com
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    edited January 23, 2007
    SunGlo wrote:
    Are we getting any closer to fixing this bug. www.sunglophoto.com is my main customer access and this is my busy time of the year.

www.sunglo.smugmug.com
    www.sunglophoto.com
    Hi Sunglo,

There is not a bug, as far as we can see, with this. I can add via the custom domain www.sunglophoto.com - adding to cart no problem in IE6 and IE7. Please try rebooting your whole windows machine and starting again.

Please let me know if this problem persists for you, so we can move to more trouble shooting.
    edited January 23, 2007
    DodgeV83 wrote:
    I was able to add to cart from www.sunglo.smugmug.com

but still not moonriverphotography or my own site...

Edit: http://www.sdrimages.com/ isn't working for me either
    Frelow, sdrimages, sunglo, all these custom names working fine for us, can buy from ie6, ie7, ff, safari.

please reboot and try again
  • StustaffStustaff Registered Users Posts: 680 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Sunglo,

There is not a bug, as far as we can see, with this. I can add via the custom domain www.sunglophoto.com - adding to cart no problem in IE6 and IE7. Please try rebooting your whole windows machine and starting again.

Please let me know if this problem persists for you, so we can move to more trouble shooting.

Hey Andy I just sat down at a brand new PC at work running win xp pro and IE 6 and tried to buy this photo http://www.sunglophoto.com/gallery/164326#100897460 and it says added to cart in top left but isnt there when I click on view cart.

they do add if I do multiple photos
    Trapped in my bedroom taking pictures...did i say bedroom? i meant studio!

My www. place is www.belperphoto.co.uk
    My smugmug galleries at http://stuarthill.smugmug.com
    edited January 23, 2007
    Stustaff wrote:
    Hey Andy I just sat down at a brand new PC at work running win xp pro and IE 6 and tried to buy this photo http://www.sunglophoto.com/gallery/164326#100897460 and it says added to cart in top left but isnt there when I click on view cart.

they do add if I do multiple photos

Update Just tried playing some more it seems its only a problem to buy images singly if there isnt already anything in your cart!

If there arlready images in your cart it will then work fine to add the single image in there.

Is it a problem with the buy single image button not creating the cookie at all/correctly?

edited January 23, 2007
    Stustaff wrote:
    Update Just tried playing some more it seems its only a problem to buy images singly if there isnt already anything in your cart!

If there arlready images in your cart it will then work fine to add the single image in there.

Is it a problem with the buy single image button not creating the cookie at all/correctly?
    I can't recreate that, either. BUT we will continue to test if the cookie is being handled properly.
    edited January 23, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    I can't recreate that, either. BUT we will continue to test if the cookie is being handled properly.

Also doesnt work for adding a single image to the cart from here?http://www.moonriverphotography.com/gallery/52248#96931208

looks like it is every SM gallery just tried a few and cant buy an image!?

also tried 3 different PC's and will not work on any of them.

edited January 23, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Sunglo,

Andy,

When in doubt, always reboot. I did that before you suggested it and did it again after you suggested it. Nope, I still can't add a single image to the cart using the buy this photo link via www.sunglophoto.com. This non-bug still exists.
    SunGlo Photography
    www.sunglophoto.com
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2007
    SunGlo wrote:
    Andy,

When in doubt, always reboot. I did that before you suggested it and did it again after you suggested it. Nope, I still can't add a single image to the cart using the buy this photo link via www.sunglophoto.com. This non-bug still exists.
    Hi SungGlo,

We've upgraded your non-existing-bug to an existing-bug. One of the engineers is on a bug-killing mission as we speak :D
    edited January 23, 2007
    I see we are still having the same problem this morning. I had one customer this morning tell me they can't add a single photo to the cart. Appears we are not alone. http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=52162

Dan
    Dan

Canon Gear