Options

Sad sign of the times

Spinner of TalesSpinner of Tales Registered Users Posts: 528 Major grins
edited October 18, 2014 in Wildlife
Sadly this is the way of the world today for the hunter and fisherman. It really saddens me when I think back to a time when I was a youngster and I could hunt all day from one farm to another without ever seeing one of these signs.
What happened? Your guess is as good as mine but I cant help thinking somewhere along the line we brought this on ourselves.

Not looking to start anything here simply stating my feelings.

Spinner

Sign-of-the-Times-T-OIL_zps2b9386be.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Hunter58Hunter58 Registered Users Posts: 723 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2014
    Well Spinner I think there are several (if not many) reasons for this and one that really pisses me off are the morons who leave their trash behind.
  • Options
    roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2014
    It is a sad statement of our times. Hunter nailed part of it, many landowners got tired of cleaning up garbage, and repairing damage to their properties.

A second and more common concern is the litigious state of society. Many landowners I have had conversations with are worried about the idiots that would come onto their land, get injured and then sue the property owner.

There are other reason, but these are the two most common I hear when discussing these issues with land owners out west where I live.

Phil

P.S. Nice shot and post treatment.
    I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
  • Options
    Dennis KaczorDennis Kaczor Registered Users Posts: 2,413 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2014
    It is sad that owners have to resort to posting signs and I can only agree with the comments that have been already posted before me. People need to pick up after themselves and respect the owners property and leave it cleaner then when they got there.