Options

Sensors - To Clean or Not?

DoyleBDoyleB Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
edited July 16, 2014 in Cameras
My Nikon D7000 has dust on the sensor. I did a check at a small f-stop (22) and took a photo of the sky (with multiple lenses). When checking in Photoshop I noticed the same pattern of marks regardless of the lens used.

So - clean it myself or have a professional do it? Has anyone heard of/used Eye Lead's Sticky Gel Stick?

I'd appreciate any assistance in making a choice of what to do.

Doyle

Comments

• Options
    time2smiletime2smile Registered Users Posts: 835 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2014
    I also have the D7000 (with spots), ordered a kit (photosol) cant remember if from Amazon or ebay... and now "no more spots", so easy to do at the first sign I now give a swipe....
    Ted....
    It's not what you look at that matters: Its what you see!
    Nikon
    http://www.time2smile.smugmug.com
  • Options
    NikonsandVstromsNikonsandVstroms Registered Users Posts: 990 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2014
    I had a bunch and used a sensor brush, it was easy and worked perfectly. My D7100 seems to hold onto dust a lot more than the S5/D700 or perhaps it's just more noticeable with the much smaller pixels but a pocket rocket has always worked for the others and barely does anything for the 7100.
  • Options
    DoyleBDoyleB Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited July 16, 2014
    Thanks For The Replies
    I ordered the Eye Lead Sticky Gel sensor cleaner - it got great reviews. I will do a post once it arrives and I get my nerve up to go this on my own. I also bought a Rocket blowerr. To think, I have always been so careful to tilt my camera down when changing lenses, having the rear lens cap ready to go and storing my lenses in a pouch. I do mostly portrait photography with large f-stops and never had a clue about dust on my sensor.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Doyle