Options

Price List Question

KevinNovakPhotoKevinNovakPhoto Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
edited September 15, 2014 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I would like to apply different price lists to different galleries.
I have read that I can only have one price list active. Does that mean I can activate a price list, and price several galleries, then activate a different price list and can I then price other galleries?

A bit confused on this issue.:dunno

Comments

• Options
    docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 3, 2014
    Portfolio accounts can have many price lists but only one active price list that applies to all galleries.

If you want different prices on different galleries, you must have a Business account.
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2014
    Smugmug needs to get off their butts and allow the default pricelist along with one other to be active.
    I can imagine many families getting pissed off having to pay the profit from within a passworded gallery.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    KevinNovakPhotoKevinNovakPhoto Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited July 3, 2014
    I agree. Double the price to add one MINOR feature! Not pleased with this right now!
  • Options
    McKsauceMcKsauce Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited July 3, 2014
    Another option would be to enable downloads for the visitors. If the Maximum Display Size is set to 'Original' and Right Click Protection is turned 'OFF' the visitors will see the download icon. They could obtain the image that way, and have it printed locally. I know this is not a perfect solution at this time, but it works for a lot of folks.
    ----

SmugMug Support Hero -

----
  • Options
    JszeeJszee Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited July 30, 2014
    I set up a private gallery for a friend to purchase an "at cost" metal print and applied a custom pricelist to only that gallery with just that metal print available. Logged out, my default pricelist with full prices shows up on that gallery. I'm not sure what I am missing here. I have a business account and have one other custom pricelist working on another gallery.
    Thanks,
    www.jennafineart.com
  • Options
    rschroeter2124rschroeter2124 Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited September 9, 2014
    I'm in the same situation: 90% of the stuff on my portfolio site is for family consumption (thus I don't want to charge them any margin), but I have a few nice 'fine art' style pages where I would like the public to be able to buy at a margin. I'm not really in the business - and would be lucky to sell 1 print every now and again.

I think the best solution is to do a profit-share until the additional $150 is paid, instead of require us to pay $150 more upfront (on the hopes of getting that much profit just to break even).

What if we got 2 price lists in Portfolio... one for Family (no margin) and one for public... And the profits for public are shared 50-50 until the $150 (Difference between Portfolio and Business pricing) is met? At the point where we've paid the full cost of Business for the year, we'd get bumped to that plan for the rest of the plan year.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2014
    I see no reason why there can not be one "for profit" price list and a Smug default price list for Portfolio.
    Seems like a no brainer to me.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    gr8scottgr8scott Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited September 14, 2014
    I have had my "pro" account for a very long time and admit to using it very little. However, I am pretty sure the ability to have multiple price lists was an enabled feature before they created these new account options. I am not happy that I have lost this and a few other features since joining. Not exactly a way to appreciate the customers that have been with you over the years, Smugmug!ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    SamuelLSSamuelLS Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited September 15, 2014
    Jszee wrote: »
    I set up a private gallery for a friend to purchase an "at cost" metal print and applied a custom pricelist to only that gallery with just that metal print available. Logged out, my default pricelist with full prices shows up on that gallery. I'm not sure what I am missing here. I have a business account and have one other custom pricelist working on another gallery.
    Thanks,
    www.jennafineart.com

Hi Jszee,

We would be happy to check out your gallery pricing.
    Please email us at the help desk (help (at) smugmug.com with a link to the gallery and we'll take a look.
    Samuel
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    SamuelLSSamuelLS Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited September 15, 2014
    gr8scott wrote: »
    I have had my "pro" account for a very long time and admit to using it very little. However, I am pretty sure the ability to have multiple price lists was an enabled feature before they created these new account options. I am not happy that I have lost this and a few other features since joining. Not exactly a way to appreciate the customers that have been with you over the years, Smugmug!ne_nau.gif

Hi gr8scott,

The Professional account level was changed a little while back to create two "Seller" account levels.
    Seller accounts can have many pricelists. But only one pricelist can be active at a time and applies to all galleries that have printing turned on. Unless you have the highest-level seller account, which allows you to have multiple active Pricelists, so every gallery can be priced differently, if desired.
    You can compare the available features and pricing for each account level, here:
    http://www.smugmug.com/features

Let us know if you have any other questions.
    Samuel
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com/